ADMIN NOTE: Upcoming site upgrades & latest status

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Re: Upcoming site upgrades

My early feedback on the ad changes: * It takes too long for a page to load now - up to 5 seconds, which is crazy long. * While the page is loading the page jumps up and down as the ads load, making the wait even more frustrating. * The ad at the bottom of the page covers actual site content, which essentially makes the page shorter as you have to scroll sooner. Also, I put each bullet on a separate line but the change implemented rolled them up together in one paragraph, as if the "return" had not been entered between the lines.
I'm experiencing the same.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

I'm experiencing the same.

Thanks for the feedback.

Depending on your browser, you may have issues that are caused by newer browser changes and how it works with the forum software that we can't control.

One possible workaround: If you press the spacebar before you reply, it might eliminate this error! Weird, I know, but it's a browser engine issue not playing nice with vbulletin 4x - we'll be updating later in the spring so should go away.

let me know if this works for you.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Also, this notice will appear just above the reply box depending on which browser you use when you are replying if we detect you are using a browser with the problem.

NOTICE: We have detected you are using Chrome web browser. If the space bar does not work when entering text below press the Enter key (maybe once or twice) first and the space bar should work again. You may also change to the STANDARD editor in your TideFans profile settings.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Sorry f I missed something but is the tool bar supposed to show up now? If so, it's not doing so for me. I cleared my cache too. I'm using Firefox on a W10 OS. Not complaining...just asking a question.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Sorry f I missed something but is the tool bar supposed to show up now? If so, it's not doing so for me. I cleared my cache too. I'm using Firefox on a W10 OS. Not complaining...just asking a question.
Haven't heard back from anyone.......right now am unable to post a pic or link or change font color, etc. - no tool bar at the top. Is this happening for anyone else too?

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Haven't heard back from anyone.......right now am unable to post a pic or link or change font color, etc. - no tool bar at the top. Is this happening for anyone else too?
Got a toolbar with "quick reply" and "advanced" option. Using Chrome on Windows system FWIW.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw

Bazza unable to post pics?? Now we have a crisis situation.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

I agree. I understand the whole gotta have ads thing to keep it free, but that one at the bottom gets on my nerves. LOL. It follows you when you scroll and it doesn’t do any good to click out of it. It’ll appear again.
This is my only real problem with the change as well so far. That bottom ad that's not quite a genuine pop-up (pop-in?) is very annoying for me. (on Chrome/PC)

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Using latest version of Firefox on Apple and the site is really acting up....trouble loading, ads bouncing around, etc. Just FYI -- thanks for all you do.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN

I realize ads are revenue producing but I had those things with a purple passion. One of the reasons I don't watch regular TV -- ads, ads, ads.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany

Whenever clicking a Saturday Down South link, I receive a blank page stating “Bad Gateway.”

Safari

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Are the updates finished now, Brett? I have cleared my cache and still do not have a tool bar. Firefox on Windows 10 PC. Sorry to keep pestering you......

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I have only 1 add on the right side of my screen, Fanatics. So far I will see 3 or 4 threads then an add breaking up the next thread. The wider add at the bottom of the screen comes and goes.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Are the updates finished now, Brett? I have cleared my cache and still do not have a tool bar. Firefox on Windows 10 PC. Sorry to keep pestering you......
I didn't clear my cache, but everything is working fine for me now in all 3 browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox). :conf2:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Thanks, B1G.....no idea what the problem is - weird.......
Toolbar is back but only after I changed my skin settings to main vs. ads on the right. I'd rather have the ads on the left but if this is what I have to do to have the tool bar I can live with it - for now.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com

Generally speaking, yes. Still tweaking some things behind the scenes over the next few days. I'll take a look at the left menu issue today and see what's going on there. Thanks for the feedback.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.