ADMIN NOTE: Upcoming site upgrades & latest status
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast
    Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

ThumbsUp Upcoming site upgrades & latest status

Hey Everyone!

Happy Benevolent Dictator's Day President's Day!

Just wanted to post a note about some upcoming changes we're working on behind the scenes before the season kicks off in this Fall. Exact timing is TBD, but I'm going to be implementing some updates to overall site layout over the coming weeks and months. Mostly this will be done to upgrade the back-end software that runs the board and also the front page & article software. These changes will most likely change some of the way pages are displayed & delivered but also update board functionality.

The first step in the plan is that I'm partnering with a well-respected company effective immediately on upgrading and managing our ad delivery platform and site layout. They will control placement and delivery of ads which affects how and where ads are delivered on the site (both on your desktop and tablets & phones). We're in the beginning stages of rolling this out, but it should make the overall site layout smoother and more consistent for all users. You'll most likely notice some changes but overall I don't think the layouts will change too dramatically.

Some of you may hate it because it's change, some of you may hate it because it's ads, but mostly I hope most of you love (or at least tolerate) it because it, hopefully, helps continue to pay the bills! Once this is in place, they will continue to do tweaks as we optimize performance and delivery. If you experience any problems with the changes (i.e. site looks weird, formatting is screwed up, functionality isn't functioning, etc) please send me a PM with all the details. If you just don't like the changes, that's ok, too, but please don't spam me with PMs Hopefully, you'll like what this allows us to do moving forward.

Later in the spring & summer we'll be updating the front page and article content management system and the forum software. We'll let you know about these changes later.

Anyway, just wanted to make you aware of the imminent changes coming this week and others coming as we move through the spring & summer.

As always, thank you for continuing to support us and TideFans each and every day!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Re: Upcoming site upgrades

Will this also impact Tapatalk or just the desktop and mobile website?

Benevolent Dictator

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Will this also impact Tapatalk or just the desktop and mobile website?
    Tapatalk layout should not be impacted (it's a 3rd party app). For those not on the premium version of Tapatalk, we may switch over the ad delivery on it to the new system. Not sure yet, but regardless, it shouldn't really matter - from a user standpoint - because Tapatalk strictly defines how / where these are delivered already.

No SPAM PM's or complaining from me, Brett. Just a THANKS and ROLL TIDE for all you do for us!

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    No SPAM PM's or complaining from me, Brett. Just a THANKS and ROLL TIDE for all you do for us!
    Not me, I want to get ahead of the curve and spam you in advance.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BamaNation Second Team

If interested in recommendations, I wish you could see link URLs because I would never click on a Rivals link again because itís frustrating going to that stupid page that says you must be a member to see the content. Also frustrating is the way Twitter links sometimes allow a video to work and sometimes they donít.
    Last edited by Jkl0802; February 19th, 2019 at 11:03 PM. Reason: Spell chcker

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Thankful for the site and the values it stands for. Especially appreciate how tightly it's moderated with the no cursing/family friendly environment!!!

Benevolent Dictator

Thanks everyone for the support! Install of new ad platform begins today.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

I can’t believe this site is free. Do whatever you need to do. I’m ultra grateful for Tidefans.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Another Tapatalk site I follow has huge ads that I am always accidentally clicking on. Thanks for not having that problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benevolent Dictator

Hey all, as you probably can tell we're making the changes previously mentioned. There are a couple of things still working on - particularly the top banner ad displaying abnormally. We're working on it. Otherwise, everything looks to be delivering as expected. Again, thanks for supporting us through these updates! We will continue to tweak, poke, and optimize over the coming weeks.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Jessica4Bama's Avatar

I’m a member of another site not related to anything football. And they have it set up to where you click on the thread and it will take you to the last post you viewed. It’s pretty sweet. I don’t know how hard that is to implement, however.
    Hebrews 11:1

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica4Bama View Post
    I’m a member of another site not related to anything football. And they have it set up to where you click on the thread and it will take you to the last post you viewed. It’s pretty sweet. I don’t know how hard that is to implement, however.
    TF already has that function. The arrow icon next to the thread title takes you to the first new post you haven't read.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson