Spurrier is back to trolling Tennessee fans
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Spurrier is back to trolling Tennessee fans

https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebigl...ssee-fans/amp/

I guess Tennessee fans need to up their game because the HBC just said an AAF team is just as loud if not louder in a 30k stadium than they are in a 100k stadium. Lol

BamaNation Hall of Fame Tidewater's Avatar

Re: Spurrier is back to trolling Tennessee fans

I don't know. I do not take that to denigrate UT's stadium. I think he was invoking one of the Gold Standards for loud stadiums to compliment San Antonio's fans for how loud they were. Then he caught himself and said the Swamp is even louder.
    I think he was more complimenting San Antonio's fans than insulting Tennessee's.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    I don't know. I do not take that to denigrate UT's stadium. I think he was invoking one of the Gold Standards for loud stadiums to compliment San Antonio's fans for how loud they were. Then he caught himself and said the Swamp is even louder.
    I think he was more complimenting San Antonio's fans than insulting Tennessee's.
    And why didnít he say ď Neyland was louderĒ if he didnít want to take a shot? Maybe he didnít mean at as a shot at first, but choosing to say the Swamp is louder on his correction instead of Neyland is a little tactical imo. Yes he was also complimenting the San Antonio atmosphere, but Iíve been to both stadiums at full capacity and there is a world of difference between the two

Spurrier has always been about getting under Tennessee fansís skins ever since Tennessee basically only saw him as a basketball player.
    So it just comes off as another Spurrier vs Tennessee troll job when he doesnít correct himself by saying a 30k dome is as loud as a 100k stadium singing an obnoxious song.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; February 18th, 2019 at 08:18 PM.

If Spurrier didn't have a history of taking shots at ut, I'd potentially write this off. However...
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

Quote Originally Posted by Tidewater View Post
    My take as well.....

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

Maybe it's just me, but his act is getting a little old. Just coach your team.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/thebigl...ssee-fans/amp/

I guess Tennessee fans need to up their game because the HBC just said an AAF team is just as loud if not louder in a 30k stadium than they are in a 100k stadium. Lol
    CSS loves to push their buttons.
    CSS believes neethling the other guy is a sport.

I hate 10erc as much as anyone...but css was 0-2-0-1 in his last 3 vs UcheaT. Lost at neyland, lost at usce and quit before the game his last season. Css just needs to shut up (his act has been old).

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

I lived in Knoxville during the height of the Spurrier-Fulmer era. It was hilarious how he would drive the locals crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    I lived in Knoxville during the height of the Spurrier-Fulmer era. It was hilarious how he would drive the locals crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I think Spurrierís shot taking is funny when itís directed at UGA, Dabo, and Tennessee. But when he takes shots at saban and Bama it just comes across as whiny. But then again itís funnier when you arenít the butt of the joke.

My favorite was ď Peyton Manning came back for his senior season to be 3 time citrus bowl mvp.Ē Even funnier was that Florida ended up going to the citrus bowl that year and Spurrier still found a way to turn it on Tennessee by thanking them for letting Florida to use their ďwinter homeĒ for a year. Lol

You gotta love the Ole Ball Coach.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Loam View Post
    You gotta love the Ole Ball Coach.
    I don’t have any love for Spurrier at all after he quit on his last team. But it’s always open season on the Vols no matter who you are.

BamaNation All-SEC UntouchableCrew's Avatar

I don't know how anyone could watch that clip and not think he was 100% trolling UT.