Spurrier is back to trolling Tennessee fans

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I don't know. I do not take that to denigrate UT's stadium. I think he was invoking one of the Gold Standards for loud stadiums to compliment San Antonio's fans for how loud they were. Then he caught himself and said the Swamp is even louder.
I think he was more complimenting San Antonio's fans than insulting Tennessee's.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't know. I do not take that to denigrate UT's stadium. I think he was invoking one of the Gold Standards for loud stadiums to compliment San Antonio's fans for how loud they were. Then he caught himself and said the Swamp is even louder.
I think he was more complimenting San Antonio's fans than insulting Tennessee's.
And why didn’t he say “ Neyland was louder” if he didn’t want to take a shot? Maybe he didn’t mean at as a shot at first, but choosing to say the Swamp is louder on his correction instead of Neyland is a little tactical imo. Yes he was also complimenting the San Antonio atmosphere, but I’ve been to both stadiums at full capacity and there is a world of difference between the two

Spurrier has always been about getting under Tennessee fans’s skins ever since Tennessee basically only saw him as a basketball player.
So it just comes off as another Spurrier vs Tennessee troll job when he doesn’t correct himself by saying a 30k dome is as loud as a 100k stadium singing an obnoxious song.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
My take as well.....

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
I hate 10erc as much as anyone...but css was 0-2-0-1 in his last 3 vs UcheaT. Lost at neyland, lost at usce and quit before the game his last season. Css just needs to shut up (his act has been old).

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I lived in Knoxville during the height of the Spurrier-Fulmer era. It was hilarious how he would drive the locals crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I lived in Knoxville during the height of the Spurrier-Fulmer era. It was hilarious how he would drive the locals crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think Spurrier’s shot taking is funny when it’s directed at UGA, Dabo, and Tennessee. But when he takes shots at saban and Bama it just comes across as whiny. But then again it’s funnier when you aren’t the butt of the joke.

My favorite was “ Peyton Manning came back for his senior season to be 3 time citrus bowl mvp.” Even funnier was that Florida ended up going to the citrus bowl that year and Spurrier still found a way to turn it on Tennessee by thanking them for letting Florida to use their “winter home” for a year. Lol

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Used to hate Spurrier but I’ve come to appreciate him as an evil football genius with a wicked sense of humor.
I always liked him and his sense of humor...particularly as he stuck it to UT. However, after he QUIT on USC and held them up for several million dollars (did he know where the bodies were buried?) just so that he did not have further losses on his record -- I lost ALL respect for him. In the end it was all about him...not about the team. Am I ever glad that he did not become our coach!!!

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I was always a fan of SOS, as a player and a coach. He personified a "I am going to try and score on every possession, try and stop me". I agree with the Padre though, over the years his entire personna changed and it became all about him, his legacy and then the team, hopefully they can make me look good. He became a self centered, greedy old man. I no longer have much respect for him.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.