Link: The 15 funniest TV channels with wider distribution than the Pac-12 Network

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
"Information provided to the Hotline by SNL Kagan, the renown media research firm, indicates the Pac-12 Networks have lost seven percent of their audience since the peak in 2016, with much of the decline attributed to the discontinuation of service on U-verse last year.
Per that information, the Pac-12 Network is estimated to have 17.9 million subscribers.

Thanks to Nielsen cable coverage estimates, here are just 15 channels that reach more people. There are, uh, a lot more.

• BabyFirst (55.9 million), a network that produces content for babies. As a father of a baby, I had no idea there was demand for such content. My baby loses interest before the end of the ABC song.
  • BEIN SPORT (21.5 million)
  • Boomerang (38.3 million). That’s a channel that shows cartoons.
  • Destination America (45.5 million)
  • ESPN DEPORTES (18.9 million)
  • FOX DEPORTES (21.2 million)
  • Great American Country (51.2 million). Its website lists its its top shows as Flea Market Flip, Living Alaska, and Flippin’ RVs.
  • Justice Central (28.2 million). This is about court shows, not superhero movies.
  • Maxprime (21.2 million), a sub-brand of HBO that’s branded as a home for “Action and Erotic Movies.” Neat.
  • Outdoor Channel (34.6 million)
  • Ovation Network (45.1 million)
  • Pursuit Channel (30.3 million). I was disappointed to learn this is mostly about hunting and fishing content, rather than constant car chases.
  • REELZCHANNEL (60 million).
  • Smithsonian Channel: (40.3 million). Literally a TV channel about museums, I must assume.
  • Z LIVING (19.8 million). I guess this is about health and wellness?
It also goes without saying that the Pac-12 Network lags far behind its peers like the SEC Network or Big Ten Network, or other major sport networks (BTN says it’s in 73 million homes, for example, and hit 30 million subscribers a month after launch). And thanks to the ACC’s partnership with ESPN, it seems like a fair bet the ACC Network will outstrip it quickly as well. A major reason for that? Pac-12 Network also isn’t on AT&T U-verse or DirecTV, and there aren’t any signs that show they’ll get on either platform any time soon."

https://www.sbnation.com/2019/2/13/18223555/pac-12-network-tv-channel-distribution-its-bad

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
An absolute boondoggle by Larry Scott and the school presidents, but mostly Larry Scott. To be thought of as such a visionary, dude has royally screwed up pretty much everything he's done since becoming PAC 12 commissioner.

Failed to get Texas/Oklahoma in the expansion sweepstakes and had to settle for Colorado and Utah.
Conference title game has been an utter failure. Lightly attended, has to settle for being played on Friday night in a crappy stadium (San Fran).
And Conference network has also been an utter failure. A laughingstock.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
But it's the "conference of champions". I watched a little of a PAC-12 basketball game the other night and I thought Bill Walton had had a stroke the way he kept repeating "the conference of champions". It sounded more like a plea for the conference to be relevant.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.