Why delay the inevitable? - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation All-American

Re: Why delay the inevitable?

Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?

QUOTE=linniepatrick;3387129]Because it wasnt about just that game. Why does it matter to you? I will post where and how I like. If you dont like it, you can ignore it. Either way, I dont give a damn what you think about how and where I post. Good grief. Get a life.[/QUOTE]

BamaNation All-American beatthemtigers's Avatar

Still not on this train, but I realize Iím one of the few on the other train and i understand. I guarantee you itís bugging him more than it is us and still hoping heíll get it right. Some things arenít his fault but adjusting to certain things he obviously needs to improve on

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Unless we can realistically get Billy Donovan or someone of his caliber I think firing Avery is not in our best interest because we would just be doing the same thing over again expecting a different result, and we all know what that is.

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by linniepatrick View Post
    Because it wasnt about just that game. Why does it matter to you? I will post where and how I like. If you dont like it, you can ignore it. Either way, I dont give a damn what you think about how and where I post. Good grief. Get a life.
    You are going to take it down about 3 notches or find yourself on the outside looking in.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame rolltide_21's Avatar

I think AJ will be around a couple more years at least. Unless he wants back in the NBA game.

Two shows on JOX today reported that AJís people contacted the NO Pelicans about their GM job. Said it was the scuttbutt at All Star weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by linniepatrick View Post
    Because it wasnt about just that game. Why does it matter to you? I will post where and how I like. If you dont like it, you can ignore it. Either way, I dont give a damn what you think about how and where I post. Good grief. Get a life.
    Lol. You just donít get it. On the football board you already would have been banned.

Participate in the conversation. Donít try to constantly start a new thread just to re-spew the same venom over and over. Join the community. Donít try to be the Mayor of Hate Town.

Some people want to be a part of this great family. Some want to be shown the door.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rolltide_21 View Post
    I think AJ will be around a couple more years at least. Unless he wants back in the NBA game.

Two shows on JOX today reported that AJís people contacted the NO Pelicans about their GM job. Said it was the scuttbutt at All Star weekend.

If true then ďbyeĒ

Two shows on JOX today reported that AJ’s people contacted the NO Pelicans about their GM job. Said it was the scuttbutt at All Star weekend.

If he's in fact putting out feelers he's either checked out and/or knows he can't adapt to the college game as hoped.

Having said that and me not being a big B-Ball guy I have to ask. Where is Pelphrey in all this? Is he a viable option or will he be named interim if a change is made?
    "It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that.
    It's the will to prepare to win that matters."
    PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Unless we can realistically get Billy Donovan or someone of his caliber I think firing Avery is not in our best interest because we would just be doing the same thing over again expecting a different result, and we all know what that is.
    We'll never have a good shot at a pull like that. So, Avery forever in your view?

BamaNation Hall of Fame 230kv_barehand's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bama9001 View Post
    we may even see a contract extension
    Everyone involved should be fired if this happens. He hasn't earned an extension by any means.
    I need you out there slinging coconuts and pineapples!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Maybe we should register for the Pelicans message board and start lobbying for the hire.

That would be great if it happened. It would get rid of him while avoiding the nasty business of firing him and they pay us the buyout.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimSonami View Post

Having said that and me not being a big B-Ball guy I have to ask. Where is Pelphrey in all this? Is he a viable option or will he be named interim if a change is made?
    I too wonder if Pelphrey might be given a shot. Probably the only way I see that is if Avery walked away or was fired before the season ended. If suddenly we looked like we had a pulse with Pelphrey at the helm, I could see him getting a chance for at least a year to see what would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Maybe we should register for the Pelicans message board and start lobbying for the hire.

That would be great if it happened. It would get rid of him while avoiding the nasty business of firing him and they pay us the buyout.

Coach Saban is really good at finding coaches other jobs rather than firing them Į\_(ツ)_/Į Just Sayiní (blue font)