Why delay the inevitable? - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Re: Why delay the inevitable?

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMike05 View Post
    Coach Saban is really good at finding coaches other jobs rather than firing them ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Just Sayin’ (blue font)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    He still has friends in Louisiana. Have him make some calls.

BamaNation All-SEC

Hold on - are you throwing "eyeshade" on Butch Patrick (a/k/a Eddie Munster, also known as Billy Donovan) for being Tidefans firestarter "linniepatrick?" That would conjure up a conspiracy theory all its own regarding recent 'Bama basketball coaching...

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonEyeshade View Post
    Think you used enough dynamite there, Butch?
    Quote Originally Posted by linniepatrick View Post
    Because it wasnt about just that game. Why does it matter to you? I will post where and how I like. If you dont like it, you can ignore it. Either way, I dont give a damn what you think about how and where I post. Good grief. Get a life.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harmost View Post
    We'll never have a good shot at a pull like that. So, Avery forever in your view?
    I think the fact we got Avery shows you the Athletic Department doesn’t care about an elite basketball team. So we can do a lot worse. Unless we are willing to bring a forklift worth of cash to someone in the upper echelon of coaching what does it matter?

BamaNation All-American

Donovan would not come for all the tea in China. We fired one of his best friends(Grant). If we do make or move or end up being in the market for a new coach, there are options out there. We need a splashy hire IMHO or we are just doing the "wash, rinse, repeat" cycle. If you aren't playing for championships, what is the point? We haven't sniffed a championship of any kind since Wimp was here.

We are paying one of the highest salaries in the country. I think we are in the top 20.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    Donovan would not come for all the tea in China. We fired one of his best friends(Grant). If we do make or move or end up being in the market for a new coach, there are options out there. We need a splashy hire IMHO or we are just doing the "wash, rinse, repeat" cycle. If you aren't playing for championships, what is the point? We haven't sniffed a championship of any kind since Wimp was here.

We are paying one of the highest salaries in the country. I think we are in the top 20.
    Gottfried 2004

Quote Originally Posted by linniepatrick View Post
    Because it wasnt about just that game. Why does it matter to you? I will post where and how I like. If you dont like it, you can ignore it. Either way, I dont give a damn what you think about how and where I post. Good grief. Get a life.
    Quit being combative to everyone.

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

How about someone like Roy Rogers? He's as Assistant with the Rockets now I think. He's 45 (so he's not too young, but also not too old), and he might actually love being here. I just think we need to quit believing we will get an elite coach to move here -- or some young buck that will love it here and that won't use us as a stepping stone. We need to find someone that wants to be in T-Town -- and can make it happen.
    Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Quote Originally Posted by CajunCrimson View Post
    How about someone like Roy Rogers? He's as Assistant with the Rockets now I think. He's 45 (so he's not too young, but also not too old), and he might actually love being here. I just think we need to quit believing we will get an elite coach to move here -- or some young buck that will love it here and that won't use us as a stepping stone. We need to find someone that wants to be in T-Town -- and can make it happen.
    Interesting choice. I personally think we need someone with college head coaching experience. The names I listed are all realistic. I also think we should not concern ourselves with trying to find someone that will be here for the next 20 years. If a coach comes in and takes us to that next level, then leaves for one of the "blue bloods" of the sport, I am fine with that. If we show a true commitment to the sport, then it will become harder and harder for a successful coach to leave. Prohm is also an alumnus, correct? I think our AD should try to get the best possible coach we can. Is that an elite coach? Probably not, at least not today. But, it can be a very successful coach with a proven track record.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Maybe just hire Norman Dale to help CAJ with fundamentals???

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Maybe just hire Norman Dale to help CAJ with fundamentals???
    He gone. But, I bet Jimmy Chitwood would be available. I bet we would be much improved from the free throw line and would use the backboard. Not sure the picket fence play would work today.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaFlum's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    There are more issues at hand than the coaching. He has his part to play of course but it isn't all on him. I wouldn't pull the trigger on the lets fire coach talk just yet. Let the rest of the season play out ... to much basketball still left to play to just throw away the season. JMO
    Could you elaborate on other issues?

I like CAJ and was hoping he would be successful (living in SA gave me a connection to him).

RTR!

BamaNation All-American

I can tell you unless he leaves on his own this year, there will be no changes. You guys can put that out of your head. Debating coaching candidates serves no meaningful purpose at this point. We still have a team playing and that should be the focus. We are at least a year away from any potential changes being made at head coach. Our AD believes in stability. Remember recruits are watching.

Edit: I'll qualify my statement. Unless there are other issues we are unaware of at this point.
    Last edited by Rama Jama; February 19th, 2019 at 02:22 PM.

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rama Jama View Post
    I can tell you unless he leaves on his own this year, there will be no changes. You guys can put that out of your head. Debating coaching candidates serves no meaningful purpose at this point. We still have a team playing and that should be the focus. We are at least a year away from any potential changes being made at head coach. Our AD believes in stability. Remember recruits are watching.
    Well, it is what it is. This is a discussion board, and discuss we will.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.