North Carolina Election Board Finds Evidence Of Significant GOP Election Fraud

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Wasn't a green card holder and single mother of 4 recently sentenced to 8 years in prison for voting, supposedly without realizing it was illegal? And didn't the GOP cheer loudly when such flagrant voter fraud was punished? I'm sure they'll demand equal jail time for Harris given his (allegedly) far more egregious offense.
well, there was that study posted here proving that eleventy billion illegals voted for obama

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
This gets weirder every day. Now Harris is saying that he screwed up because he had several recent strokes, and he's asking if they can just re-do the election.

No, honey. You solicited widespread election fraud. You should be forced to withdraw, your opponent wins, and everyone involved goes to prison.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Harris should be banned from running in the special election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
So, he just gets a mulligan? No other consequence for rigging an election? This country and it's politics, amazing.

Wouldn't surprise me if his supporters come out in droves, just to make a corrupt statement, and he wins in a landslide.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
So, he just gets a mulligan? No other consequence for rigging an election? This country and it's politics, amazing.

Wouldn't surprise me if his supporters come out in droves, just to make a corrupt statement, and he wins in a landslide.
If they seat him, it will be a national disgrace. It won't affect the majority and maybe the nation should be made aware. Is his son the US Attorney for that district?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Where does it say disclose voter lists in any of the above?
Motor Voter said:
Each State shall ... shall make available for public inspection ... all records concerning ... ensuring the accuracy and currency of official lists of eligible voters.
Whatever records the county registrar uses to verify the accuracy and currency of lists of eligible voters.

When Motor Voter was being debated, some expressed concern that making registration too easy would open the system to fraud. Since back then (1993) both parties actually listened to the concerns of their colleagues across the aisle, they inserted this provision to help prevent fraudulent voter registrations, through public scrutiny. So, pretty much, anybody can, according to Motor Voter, ask to see the records the county registrars used to ensure the voter registration is accurate and current.
The Public Interest Legal Foundation and the Virginia Voters Alliance got records from 8 of Virginia's 133 counties/cities (6% of the total) and found "1046 aliens who registered to vote illegally" in Virginia, and further, found that "nearly 200 verified ballots were cast before they were removed from the rolls."
If we extrapolate these rates over the entire Commonwealth, that would mean 17,389 illegally registered voters and 3,325 illegal votes. For the record, in the election for Attorney General in November 2013, Mark Herring's margin of victory was 165 votes.
The sample size above would be larger, but Edgardo Cortes (D), Virginia Department of Elections under Gov. McAuliffe (D), in violation of federal law, ordered county registrars not to stop making records public.
Incredibly, the only proof of citizenship in Virginia is to check a box on the Department of Motor Vehicles form. Efforts to require birth certificates or passports to register have been quashed by the Department of Justice.
Mother Jones, in inspecting the report linked above, said, "election law experts say Adams’ methodology seems designed to conjure voter fraud where a likelier explanation for many of the discrepancies may be simple human error in checking the wrong box on a form at the Department of Motor Vehicles." Of course, adding a warning to the form stating that "illegally (or non-citizens) registering to vote is a felony punishable by ___ years in prison and a fine of $___" would be immediately challenged by DOJ as "voter suppression." Once you are on the voter registration list, who would dare challenge someone who showed up at the polls to vote? If all it takes to get on the voter registration list is an "honor system" check in a box, the only way to make sure the voter rolls can be verified as accurate is public scrutiny. Transparency would seem to be the key, but the actions of Virginia Democrats make that impossible.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
and yet another installment of "both sides do it"
Both sides indeed.

North Carolina’s ‘Guru of Elections’: Can-Do Operator Who May Have Done Too Much

over the years, Democrats and Republicans alike in North Carolina courted Mr. Dowless, who, over almost 15 years, went from being a registered Democrat to unaffiliated to Democrat to unaffiliated to Republican. They fraternized with him, and hired him to work his magic in service of boosting their vote tallies.
In 2010, Mr. Dowless worked for a Democratic candidate for district attorney. A local television station at that time named Mr. Dowless as one of “a few heavy hitters in the Bladen County get-out-the-vote arena.” Part of the local political culture, the station reported, involved political operatives distributing sample ballots for which they had sold spots to the highest-bidding candidates.
So... McRae Dowless is a longtime Democratic voter.
By absentee.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
i'm sure this means something to you.

he was also a soil and water conservation director. ergo, government can't do anything correct.
Dowless came to Harris' attention because of the "work" he had done for a Democrat candidate.
A balance needs to be struck between making voting honest if less convenient and easy to do, but subject to fraud.
Somewhere between "Before you can vote, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring." and Dowless: "Here's a pile of ballots." Poll worker: "Where did they come from? Who cast these ballots?" Dowless: "Does it matter? They're ballots. Let's count them."
Right now, the system seems to be erring too much toward the later.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Dowless came to Harris' attention because of the "work" he had done for a Democrat candidate.
A balance needs to be struck between making voting honest if less convenient and easy to do, but subject to fraud.
Somewhere between "Before you can vote, you must cut down the mightiest tree in the forest with a herring." and Dowless: "Here's a pile of ballots." Poll worker: "Where did they come from? Who cast these ballots?" Dowless: "Does it matter? They're ballots. Let's count them."
i think both dowless and harris should spend some quality time behind bars for their election fraud.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
+1 for Monty Python reference

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
i'm sure this means something to you.

he was also a soil and water conservation director. ergo, government can't do anything correct.
It might surprise you that my cynicism towards government decreases the closer it gets to me. I have met my state delegate and my state senator. I can go talk to my city councilman, mayor and city manager any time I take a notion to. Plus, the state is fairly stingy in its spending. The city is absolutely miserly, so I am pretty confident that they do not waste my tax dollars. If my city council tells me they really do need more of my money, I'm inclined to indulge the request.
Giving money to Congress on the other hand...

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I broadly agree.

When states intentionally move or reduce polling sites in areas with concentrated populations likely to vote for one party, when election boards decide that 7 hour poll lines are okay in some zip codes but 20 minutes is egregious in others, and when states claim that you can freely obtain a voter ID so long as you travel to one small office 300 miles away that's open between 2:00-2:30pm every third Tuesday... well I think there are plenty of herrings being issued.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I broadly agree.

When states intentionally move or reduce polling sites in areas with concentrated populations likely to vote for one party, when election boards decide that 7 hour poll lines are okay in some zip codes but 20 minutes is egregious in others, and when states claim that you can freely obtain a voter ID so long as you travel to one small office 300 miles away that's open between 2:00-2:30pm every third Tuesday... well I think there are plenty of herrings being issued.
I can't speak to every state and county, but the county I live in has two Division of Motor Vehicle offices (one for each incorporated city). The county is about 30 north to south and 30 miles east to west. Both parties will give rides to voters who have problems getting to the DMV (no car, mobility issues).
As for 7 hour poll waits, the disparity sure seems egregious. I would have to examine what the hold ups were. If it is lack of voting machines, then the state has to get more. If it is procedures, then the procedures need to be amended.
It takes me about 10 minutes to vote, from the time I walk into the polling station to the time I leave the building.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.