News Article: ESPN: Alabama spring football preview: Tide look to regroup off title loss

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
The only glaring thing that stood out to me last season was the times we shoulda/coulda called a short pass for first down but instead tried some trickery or went long. I hope that at least changes. Other than that I see us back in the CG again. Roll Tide.
Yep... Every pass doesn't have to be a Home Run. We would have been better off with some short passes to move the chains. When teams start to cheat up to stop the run, or double the guys on short passes, then GO LONG.
We need to keep our Offense on the field, and have a rested Defense for when they take the field.
This year I hope to see Harris carry the ball a lot. I want to see some short passes,
AND... I want to see someone in the backfield chasing their QB, and stopping their RB in their backfield.
I hope to see a kicker making long Field Goals when we need him.
I want to see a Punter average 45- 50 yards a kick.
I want to see us pin em deep, then our Defense make them give us a short field.
I'M NOT ASKING TOO MUCH.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Well is it good or bad news??? Got to make up your mind Alex. Do we really want the same playcaller if the players were out of position or flat-out lost? Cause Tosh wasn't calling the plays.
Wasn't a big part of the problem the amount of time it took the plays to get from Golding in the booth, to Tosh on sideline, to the players on the field?

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
I sat in the end zone upper deck on the Alabama end-zone side and I couldn’t believe how our secondary was getting picked off when Clemson was on our side of the field heading the other way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.