Game Thread: Alabama @ TAMU (8 CT on SECN) - Page 4
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Re: Alabama @ TAMU (8 CT on SECN)

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    A&M's male cheerleaders weird me out.
    They have male cheerleaders?

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Any effort would exceed the last game, so...

Execution is very inconsistent and the effort is somewhat inconsistent as well. Lots of poor decisions with the ball. We don't always play smart and keep our bodies under control.

IOW, yes, this effort is much better but there is a lot of work to do. It's a good thing aTm is the opponent tonight. I hope the play is more consistent in the 2nd half and in the games to come.
    Having junior off the court cuts the bad ball decisions about in half...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    Ingram's back foot never moved off the floor or slid; bad walking call.

Replayed it several times and back foot never moved. He faked and skip-skipped his front foot; that is not a walk and cost Bama big at the end of the half as A&M hit a three.
    I went back and watched and I think you are right, but here's a point I've made a bunch of times. Why didn't Dazon take the wide open three??? Instead of taking a wide open three he hesitates with the ball and gives the ref a chance to make that bad call. He's been shooting better from 3 so why not take a wide open look? It's a perfect example of how we over-pass the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    They have male cheerleaders?
    At least they don't like up crotch to butt like the corps and grab their balls...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

I went back and watched and I think you are right, but here's a point I've made a bunch of times. Why didn't Dazon take the wide open three??? Instead of taking a wide open three he hesitates with the ball and gives the ref a chance to make that bad call. He's been shooting better from 3 so why not take a wide open look? It's a perfect example of how we over-pass the ball.
    IDK either. He's our best trey shooter, percentage-wise...

Thats been a problem with Dazon for awhile now. Hes a good shooter but doesnt immediately pull the trigger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Having junior off the court cuts the bad ball decisions about in half...
    I think it's a blind spot CAJ has. For fear of critcism, if I'm in his shoes, I'd probably err on the side of not playing him even if I thought he deserved it. But in this case, he seems to get alot more PT than he deserves based on a lack of production and he'll make the same kind of TO every game by driving into the paint and then trying to make some kind of 8th grade pick up game pass.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

May have been wanting to hold the ball for last shot at that point. Ingram is sometimes ready to shoot the three and sometimes not...

I think it's a blind spot CAJ has. For fear of critcism, if I'm in his shoes, I'd probably err on the side of not playing him even if I thought he deserved it. But in this case, he seems to get alot more PT than he deserves based on a lack of production and he'll make the same kind of TO every game by driving into the paint and then trying to make some kind of 8th grade pick up game pass.
    TBF, it's made me think at times that this really is his last year and he's going to play junior as much as he can...

Does anyone think we have in-bound plays???

Well, it's official. We can't breathe on them...

Does anyone think we have in-bound plays???
    No, and it seems to be a requirement of hiring a coach, that he have no inbound plays...

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Strange bounce to miss that rebound. Bama has to move ball on offense; last couple of trips have been one pass then the player ends up shooting a not so good attempt