Game Thread: Alabama @ TAMU (8 CT on SECN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Tonight should be very telling on where the team is mentally.

After two awful performances, they get to reset in a revenge game against a lesser talented team that embarrassed them on their home court. All motivation should be on our side in this game. However, if the team comes out looking deflated again, it’ll be painfully obvious the powers at be have mailed in the season.

If we want some momentum heading into the conference tourney, the next 3 games are critical. Let’s hope the boys come out tonight with their hair on fire and can spark a run to end the season on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Tonight should be very telling on where the team is mentally.

After two awful performances, they get to reset in a revenge game against a lesser talented team that embarrassed them on their home court. All motivation should be on our side in this game. However, if the team comes out looking deflated again, it’ll be painfully obvious the powers at be have mailed in the season.

If we want some momentum heading into the conference tourney, the next 3 games are critical. Let’s hope the boys come out tonight with their hair on fire and can spark a run to end the season on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This board will meltdown if we show no energy and desire tonight. We can take a loss, but not one without any effort.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
This board will meltdown if we show no energy and desire tonight. We can take a loss, but not one without any effort.
Exactly right. We played great against UT and barely lost. I think most people were proud and excited after that game. Most of the other games though we've played bad and lost. Not a good combination especially when going up against inferior competition..

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Like everyone else, I'm looking for effort tonight. Not so much a better effort, but plain old basic effort that has disappeared - and perhaps a bit of enthusiasm. I'm also looking to see if CAJ makes any adjustments to his approach as a coach as I think change (not as in a coaching change) for this team needs to, unfortunately, begin at the top. Lazy passes, unforced turnovers, poor shot selection, multiple missed free throws, et al, should all be issues that correlate to playing time.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Like everyone else, I'm looking for effort tonight. Not so much a better effort, but plain old basic effort that has disappeared - and perhaps a bit of enthusiasm. I'm also looking to see if CAJ makes any adjustments to his approach as a coach as I think change (not as in a coaching change) for this team needs to, unfortunately, begin at the top. Lazy passes, unforced turnovers, poor shot selection, multiple missed free throws, et al, should all be issues that correlate to playing time.
We'll be able to tell early on if he's made any real adjustments on his own by the lineups. I'll be watching that closely...

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
An inexcuseable pass by Herb, which he compounds by getting called for a flagrant, but yet he remains on the floor. It's situations just like that where CAJ fails as HC to hold players accountable and sends the wrong message to the rest of the team.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
OK, there's AJJ. I know what's more important to CAJ...
I guess TOs are OK when Jr. makes another one. Drive into the trees and make a real bad pass. When I played ball that would get you yanked at the first dead ball. But no, he's still out there.

Not impressed with any significant strategies changes. Looks about the same right now.

Riley at least is a bright spot.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
An inexcuseable pass by Herb, which he compounds by getting called for a flagrant, but yet he remains on the floor. It's situations just like that where CAJ fails as HC to hold players accountable and sends the wrong message to the rest of the team.
Yep...yank him and his son for stupid passes!!! But no, he leaves them in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.