Game Thread: Alabama @ TAMU (8 CT on SECN)
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

Re: Alabama @ TAMU (8 CT on SECN)

Tonight should be very telling on where the team is mentally.

After two awful performances, they get to reset in a revenge game against a lesser talented team that embarrassed them on their home court. All motivation should be on our side in this game. However, if the team comes out looking deflated again, itíll be painfully obvious the powers at be have mailed in the season.

If we want some momentum heading into the conference tourney, the next 3 games are critical. Letís hope the boys come out tonight with their hair on fire and can spark a run to end the season on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Formerly BamaBomber

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaHoosier View Post
    Tonight should be very telling on where the team is mentally.

After two awful performances, they get to reset in a revenge game against a lesser talented team that embarrassed them on their home court. All motivation should be on our side in this game. However, if the team comes out looking deflated again, it’ll be painfully obvious the powers at be have mailed in the season.

If we want some momentum heading into the conference tourney, the next 3 games are critical. Let’s hope the boys come out tonight with their hair on fire and can spark a run to end the season on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    This board will meltdown if we show no energy and desire tonight. We can take a loss, but not one without any effort.

RTR!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    This board will meltdown if we show no energy and desire tonight. We can take a loss, but not one without any effort.
    Exactly right. We played great against UT and barely lost. I think most people were proud and excited after that game. Most of the other games though we've played bad and lost. Not a good combination especially when going up against inferior competition..

BamaNation All-American

Nebo and the other guy are a load in the middle( I literally can't spell is name.). We need solid inside play to win.

Like everyone else, I'm looking for effort tonight. Not so much a better effort, but plain old basic effort that has disappeared - and perhaps a bit of enthusiasm. I'm also looking to see if CAJ makes any adjustments to his approach as a coach as I think change (not as in a coaching change) for this team needs to, unfortunately, begin at the top. Lazy passes, unforced turnovers, poor shot selection, multiple missed free throws, et al, should all be issues that correlate to playing time.
    Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.

Quote Originally Posted by edwd58 View Post
    Like everyone else, I'm looking for effort tonight. Not so much a better effort, but plain old basic effort that has disappeared - and perhaps a bit of enthusiasm. I'm also looking to see if CAJ makes any adjustments to his approach as a coach as I think change (not as in a coaching change) for this team needs to, unfortunately, begin at the top. Lazy passes, unforced turnovers, poor shot selection, multiple missed free throws, et al, should all be issues that correlate to playing time.
    We'll be able to tell early on if he's made any real adjustments on his own by the lineups. I'll be watching that closely...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation All-SEC aerospace_ray's Avatar

RTR
    User formerly known as "13 4 BAMA soon"

"they didn't stumble in to it, they didn't back in to it, they just whipped Miami 34-13" (Keith Jackson circa 1992-3 National Championship, ABC Sports)

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

RTR!

FB|BB Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

RTR!
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Big guy for A&M getting around the board on offensive rebounds and keeping ball alive. Petty blocked him (#21) out and got mauled. Proud that Petty was blocking out.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Bama getting pretty good looks; ball has to start falling in.