Link: Auburn, UGA, and SEC in Talks to Move AU/UGA Game on Schedule

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I don't hear Alabama wanting to make their schedule easier. Those two programs are just wanting the easiest way? What a bunch of crybabies !!!!!!

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Simple solution is to play UGA at their place two years in a row and flip-flop the home and away games from then on...

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
The issue could have been avoided by the SEC if they had scheduled Bama at ut in both 2012 and 2013. They chose to schedule UGA at the barn in those years. One or the other had to be done in order to schedule UGA and Bama. With the new format that game could not be scheduled without an unequal number of Home and Away games for each because UGA and Bama were both playing their permanent cross divisional opponent at home in odd numbered years and away in even numbered years.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
The only solution in the future will be to schedule ut at Bama in consecutive years and the barn at UGA in those same two years. I say only because they originally scheduled UGA at the barn in 2012 and 2013 so they would not do that again along with Bama at ut for consecutive years. This will not be done until the current rotating schedule for non-permanent opponents expires in 2025.

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Aurburn has played Georgia and Alabama in the month of November for the longest. There was a few times the games were played in October way back when. They just want to make their schedule the easiest as possible. So who is going to swap with them? I wish the SEC would just ship the boogs to the east and go to a nine game schedule with one permanent opponent from the opposing conference. I am so sick of the boogs crying about something. It wouldn't bother me at all not to play them every year. They obviously need Bama worse than Bama needs them. Play your schedule and if you are good then you will probably win.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
(LSU AND MISS ST) or (Texas A&M and UGA) plus of course the cupcake in between for both. About even to me. No Outrage when the Tiggers beat both.

BamaFanatJSU

1st Team
Apr 24, 2008
Rainbow City, AL
I probably in the minority here, but I wish we'd play Auburn in late Sept in stead the last game of the year.
I'll definitely put myself in the minority and say that I'd rather see us play the Barn for the first game of the season, a la Colorado vs. Colorado State.

I know this may seem unorthodox, but we know that CNS always has Bama ready for the big marquee games to start the year, and (offseason injuries notwithstanding) you can guarantee that both teams will be as healthy - and thus "evenly" matched - as at any other point in the year. Therefore, the whining about injuries, lack of preparedness, scheduling unfairness, coming off bye weeks, etc. etc. are rendered moot. Plus, a loss by either team doesn't cripple your postseason chances as it very well can when it happens in late November.

Again, I know that this is out there, but it makes sense in my brain.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
I'll definitely put myself in the minority and say that I'd rather see us play the Barn for the first game of the season, a la Colorado vs. Colorado State.

I know this may seem unorthodox, but we know that CNS always has Bama ready for the big marquee games to start the year, and (offseason injuries notwithstanding) you can guarantee that both teams will be as healthy - and thus "evenly" matched - as at any other point in the year. Therefore, the whining about injuries, lack of preparedness, scheduling unfairness, coming off bye weeks, etc. etc. are rendered moot. Plus, a loss by either team doesn't cripple your postseason chances as it very well can when it happens in late November.

I have always said that. Bama would have time to recover and move on instead of the upset ruining our chances as often happens. That would take some of the starch out of Auburn, you know that "let's ruin Bama's season" that means more to them than anything else." Oh yes, when they beat us and we went on and won the National Championship they considered that they had failed -- even though they beat us that year. Move the game to the opening date.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Ok, so Alabama has to play LSU in November, but it's a problem that Georgia and Auburn play in November?

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I would still prefer moving auburn to the SEC east and Mizzou to the west. Let auburn have Mizzou's date on UGA's schedule. Keep Alabama/Auburn as cross division rivals and drop UT. Let auburn play Alabama in JH and UGA in Athens then the next year reverse it.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

I personally think that that would be a fascinating proposal if seriously approached, if for no other reason than to sit back and watch how AU reacts. Wouldn`t bother me a whit.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I would still prefer moving auburn to the SEC east and Mizzou to the west. Let auburn have Mizzou's date on UGA's schedule. Keep UT as cross division rivals and drop Auburn
I fixed it for you. If they want to whine about their schedule being too hard, fine then let them do without Alabama.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.