Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. TAMU... - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. TAMU...

Can someone please explain to me why Riley Norris, our grittiest player on the team, wasnít in the game the last 5 minutes? We needed stops and he was nowhere to be found.

I defended Avery so much last year thinking we would get better when his players would get more experience. I do think some of this is on the players too, but either way, we arenít going to move in the right direction under Avery. I think every one of his teams have been mentally weak, which is unbelievable based on the type of player that he was. We have ZERO mental toughness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

When we had the chance to lead by double figures going into the half and then had a TO and they hit a three to cut it to 6 is just a microcasm of our struggling team right now. It's little things like that that we do over and over and over each game to lose to lousy teams.

Iíll keep watching because thereís not much on TV and I love punishment, but this is beyond embarrassing.

Talk about changing things up and being ready for tonight to only come out and do that?!

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Done!

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    When we had the chance to lead by double figures going into the half and then had a TO and they hit a three to cut it to 6 is just a microcasm of our struggling team right now. It's little things like that that we do over and over and over each game to lose to lousy teams.
    I agree, we do things like that waaaaaaayyyy too often. In this case though, that travel was a HORRIBLE call. It wasnít even close to a walk. However, we are just too soft of a basketball team. Iím so mad, I canít even go to bed right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMike05 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me why Riley Norris, our grittiest player on the team, wasn’t in the game the last 5 minutes? We needed stops and he was nowhere to be found.

I defended Avery so much last year thinking we would get better when his players would get more experience. I do think some of this is on the players too, but either way, we aren’t going to move in the right direction under Avery. I think every one of his teams have been mentally weak, which is unbelievable based on the type of player that he was. We have ZERO mental toughness.

Something I had also wondered...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

ďI would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.Ē Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Avery makes more than Tony Bennett at UVA. Why not make a run at him? Yes, I know the loss to the 16 seed last year isnít great, but he coaches the fundamentals needed.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."

BamaNation First Team

We started to spiral at the wrong time.

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Avery makes more than Tony Bennett at UVA. Why not make a run at him? Yes, I know the loss to the 16 seed last year isnít great, but he coaches the fundamentals needed.

Iíve thought that this too. I think he loves it there right now though. UVA would give him a raise even with a big money offer.

I would love to have Wojo from Marquette, Prohm just doesnít excite me at all.

Hoiberg is on the top of my list, but itís possible that he may get another NBA gig.

Avery Johnson makes more than Villanovaís coach.

That ratio...

-- Coach Bryant

BamaNation All-American BamaHoosier's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoachJeff View Post
    Avery Johnson makes more than Villanovaís coach.
    Heís the 15th highest paid coach in the country. Somehow he makes more than Roy Williams, Mark Few, Wojo, Matt Painter, Bruce Pearl, Leonard Hamilton, and Jim Boeheim.

http://sports.usatoday.com/ncaa/sala...ketball/coach/

Letís face it, the university thought they were making an aggressive offer to a big brand head coach when Avery was hired. It just didnít pan out that way. Which is why if they want to prove they are serious about the program itís time to move on.

Itís a doggone shame, but itís not worth paying a guy top 15 money for these kinds of results.

Formerly BamaBomber

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

I hate the way the season has turned out but shouldn't be surprised. Bama basketball is just not fun to watch. It is something to endure.