Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. TAMU... - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Re: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. TAMU...

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMoon View Post
    Did Nolan Richardson kicked the bucket? Has he got any disciples left???
    Yeah... Mike Anderson
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bamacpa View Post
    Hard to grasp that yet again our best player is a freshman. It doesn't reflect well on the coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not just your standard freshman either. A 17 year old who should be playing in high school right now..

BamaNation All-SEC

A couple of things I see different:

1. I don't see our offensive woes the way you do. I think we pass up way to many open 3s. I don't think we take enough of them and I think we force too many drives into the lane and it causes wild shots and TOs.

2. I don't see AJJr. as being a leader. I'll just stop there.
    To offer clarification:

1. I was noting that when the team would be down or in a shooting slump, a good percentage of the time they would a take a three as soon as they crossed midcourt instead of setting up to try for a higher percentage shot. This also resulted in a long rebound for the opposing team and they would push it down the court to get a high percentage shot/layup. I agree that also get senseless turnovers at times when trying to attack the basket when there wasn't a lane to do so.

2. I never said AJ jr was a leader ... was talking about the effort or the 'fight' he and Norris consistently give when they are on the floor. The point is the guys that should be showing more fight in their effort hasn't been showing it consistently for whatever reason. I understand we all have off games ... but this is more about them consistently showing the effort to 'fight' to win games.

You know things are bad when Alabama men’s basketball shut down the comments feed on their Instagram during the game and there is open speculation about who Alabama should go after as their next head coach.
    The “tale of two halves” and “lack of energy” cliches CAJ throws out are beginning to wear on even those in the media.

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

I didn't post last night because I was to disgusted. I wonder if AJ will coach better when his son is gone. I think he is a distraction to him. I saw the look he had when he was pulled after bricking another 3. I know we need better facilities but these losses have nothing to do with that. The team is making way to many bone head mistakes even guys that have been around the program for a while. They tightened up in the second half when TAMU started coming back. It was like the players were saying may as well stop trying we know how this is going to end. Going to keep watching but I don't believe we make it to the big dance in fact we don't deserve to go.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Aside from ball handling, body position and control, shooting, rebounding, blocking out, shooting free throws, passing, working to get an open shot, inbounding the ball, and playing defense we seem to do a lot of things really well.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Aside from ball handling, body position and control, shooting, rebounding, blocking out, shooting free throws, passing, working to get an open shot, inbounding the ball, and playing defense we seem to do a lot of things really well.
    Just to add to your list: basketball IQ, clock awareness, fouling 3 point shooters, blown 3 on 2 fast breaks, failure to get loose balls, nepotism, passion, accountability....

BamaNation Second Team

It is difficult to see a coach that appears to be excited to be here and has such a great vision of where he wants the team to be. He seems to be so genuine in his approach. He wants it as badly as the fans and players do. I think that is one reason he has been able to recruit well. Unfortunately the product on the court tells the ultimate story. The vision and desire does not appear to be translating onto the court.

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by Mystical View Post
    I didn't post last night because I was to disgusted. I wonder if AJ will coach better when his son is gone. I think he is a distraction to him. I saw the look he had when he was pulled after bricking another 3. I know we need better facilities but these losses have nothing to do with that. The team is making way to many bone head mistakes even guys that have been around the program for a while. They tightened up in the second half when TAMU started coming back. It was like the players were saying may as well stop trying we know how this is going to end. Going to keep watching but I don't believe we make it to the big dance in fact we don't deserve to go.
    Coach Wimp made a good point about the mental aspect of the game on JOX today. Was alluding to the fact that sometimes guys get into a slump of losing and its hard to mentally break from it. So that could be the case that mentally they were like oh here we go again. He also noted that right now we as fans shouldn't overreact to whats been going on and that the team just need to focus on winning one game at a time.

They have the tools to be a dangerous team, they just have to remember that and get back to the things that made them successful in the earlier part of the season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BAMAVILLE View Post
    Coach Wimp made a good point about the mental aspect of the game on JOX today. Was alluding to the fact that sometimes guys get into a slump of losing and its hard to mentally break from it. So that could be the case that mentally they were like oh here we go again. He also noted that right now we as fans shouldn't overreact to whats been going on and that the team just need to focus on winning one game at a time.

They have the tools to be a dangerous team, they just have to remember that and get back to the things that made them successful in the earlier part of the season.
    IOW, start winning and the fans will quit murmuring.

IOW, start winning and the fans will quit murmuring.
    Winning cures all.

BamaNation First Team

yes it does if we make it to tournament all will be forgiven.

Normally like Christopher Walsh's commentary, but his take on why Avery won't get canned seems a bit off. (It's a 3 minute video.)

Just A Minute: Is this the beginning of the end for Avery Johnson?

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson