Steve Prohm's wikipedia page has him listed as UA HC . . .LOL - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Steve Prohm's wikipedia page has him listed as UA HC . . .LOL

Quote Originally Posted by mlingerfelt31 View Post
    I agree with Mike Prohm does not excite me and apparently he didn't excite Bill Battle either, My top 2 are Fred Hoiberg and Thad Matta both are available.
    I thought about Matta, but he turned down UGA at the last minute. Does he really want to coach?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame DzynKingRTR's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMike05 View Post
    I thought about Matta, but he turned down UGA at the last minute. Does he really want to coach?

Didn't he really step down from Ohio State due to health?
    Architects do it with models.

Roll Tide Roll

Steve Prohm's wikipedia page has him listed as UA HC . . .LOL

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    Stepped down AKA pushed out, but then UGA offered him their Head Job. He was all, but hired, and at the very last hour decided not to go there.
    Last edited by BamaMike05; February 22nd, 2019 at 09:18 AM.

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DzynKingRTR View Post
    No (he was fired for missing the NCAA tournament 2 years in a row), but he has said that it would take the right job for hm to consider returning to the stress of coaching.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Crimson1967's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by B1GTide View Post
    No (he was fired for missing the NCAA tournament 2 years in a row), but he has said that it would take the right job for hm to consider returning to the stress of coaching.
    Does he use Meyer’s doctor?

BamaNation All-SEC

Quote Originally Posted by BamaMike05 View Post
    For the chance to be reunited with Giddens and reestablish him as a premier big man? Are you kidding!

BamaNation Hall of Fame B1GTide's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimson1967 View Post
    Does he use Meyer’s doctor?
    LOL - He has never claimed that stress was a health problem, but he has pointed out that he had no idea how much stress he was under until he stopped coaching for a few months. I read one article in which he said that he woke up unhappy for years and didn't really know it until he started getting better sleep and waking up happy.

BamaNation First Team

I am going to throw another name John Brannen doing good at Northern Kentucky 67-26 in 4 years.

BamaNation All-American Bama-94-00's Avatar

Some vandalism on Wikipedia means little in the real world.

Regardless of how the season ends up, here's my take on the whole scenario:

1) AJ doesn't seem like he's still gung ho, and many times the players play like they sense the same thing. We have some good players, there just doesn't seem to be any consistency in performance. We should have beaten Vandy by 30, yet we slacked off and let them make it an interesting game - and they are awful.
    2) Greg Byrne is in a tight spot. If he lets AJ go, or if AJ elects to go on his own to the NBA or whatever, Byrne has to hit a home run to keep his own rear end in good graces with the Alumni and fan base. So far, i don't recall anything he's done that has improved any of our programs, which is his primary job. And if he's involved in the stadium "upgrades and improvements", which have irked more fans that it has excited, he's on dicey ground there as well. Reducing the numbers of Tide Pride seats and going up on the annual fees exponentially is a very risky move if you ask me, and not a very popular one among fans that are in my circle. I'm not sure he's not in over his head. His job is to leave the football program alone, and make hires/strides of improvement in all other sports.

Just my 2 cents.
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    “It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” - Paul W "Bear" Bryant
    "Aight" - Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by Just Win View Post
    Regardless of how the season ends up, here's my take on the whole scenario:

1) AJ doesn't seem like he's still gung ho, and many times the players play like they sense the same thing. We have some good players, there just doesn't seem to be any consistency in performance. We should have beaten Vandy by 30, yet we slacked off and let them make it an interesting game - and they are awful.
    2) Greg Byrne is in a tight spot. If he lets AJ go, or if AJ elects to go on his own to the NBA or whatever, Byrne has to hit a home run to keep his own rear end in good graces with the Alumni and fan base. So far, i don't recall anything he's done that has improved any of our programs, which is his primary job. And if he's involved in the stadium "upgrades and improvements", which have irked more fans that it has excited, he's on dicey ground there as well. Reducing the numbers of Tide Pride seats and going up on the annual fees exponentially is a very risky move if you ask me, and not a very popular one among fans that are in my circle. I'm not sure he's not in over his head. His job is to leave the football program alone, and make hires/strides of improvement in all other sports.

Just my 2 cents.
    Greg hasn’t done anything for any of the other programs? He fired the mistake of a baseball coach Bill Battle hired within months of taking the job.

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    Greg hasn’t done anything for any of the other programs? He fired the mistake of a baseball coach Bill Battle hired within months of taking the job.

I consider myself a reasonable and fair alumni. As i said, "i don't recall" - but the baseball coach hire may pan out. We can see if we make strides this year. They look pretty good so far. We'll see where we measure up when we get into the SEC season soon.
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    “It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” - Paul W "Bear" Bryant
    "Aight" - Nick Saban

Quote Originally Posted by Just Win View Post
    I consider myself a reasonable and fair alumni. As i said, "i don't recall" - but the baseball coach hire may pan out. We can see if we make strides this year. They look pretty good so far. We'll see where we measure up when we get into the SEC season soon.
    What more would you want him to do? Be honest. What more could he have done thus far during his tenure?

"I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson