Steve Prohm's wikipedia page has him listed as UA HC . . .LOL

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Regardless of how the season ends up, here's my take on the whole scenario:

1) AJ doesn't seem like he's still gung ho, and many times the players play like they sense the same thing. We have some good players, there just doesn't seem to be any consistency in performance. We should have beaten Vandy by 30, yet we slacked off and let them make it an interesting game - and they are awful.
2) Greg Byrne is in a tight spot. If he lets AJ go, or if AJ elects to go on his own to the NBA or whatever, Byrne has to hit a home run to keep his own rear end in good graces with the Alumni and fan base. So far, i don't recall anything he's done that has improved any of our programs, which is his primary job. And if he's involved in the stadium "upgrades and improvements", which have irked more fans that it has excited, he's on dicey ground there as well. Reducing the numbers of Tide Pride seats and going up on the annual fees exponentially is a very risky move if you ask me, and not a very popular one among fans that are in my circle. I'm not sure he's not in over his head. His job is to leave the football program alone, and make hires/strides of improvement in all other sports.

Just my 2 cents.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Regardless of how the season ends up, here's my take on the whole scenario:

1) AJ doesn't seem like he's still gung ho, and many times the players play like they sense the same thing. We have some good players, there just doesn't seem to be any consistency in performance. We should have beaten Vandy by 30, yet we slacked off and let them make it an interesting game - and they are awful.
2) Greg Byrne is in a tight spot. If he lets AJ go, or if AJ elects to go on his own to the NBA or whatever, Byrne has to hit a home run to keep his own rear end in good graces with the Alumni and fan base. So far, i don't recall anything he's done that has improved any of our programs, which is his primary job. And if he's involved in the stadium "upgrades and improvements", which have irked more fans that it has excited, he's on dicey ground there as well. Reducing the numbers of Tide Pride seats and going up on the annual fees exponentially is a very risky move if you ask me, and not a very popular one among fans that are in my circle. I'm not sure he's not in over his head. His job is to leave the football program alone, and make hires/strides of improvement in all other sports.

Just my 2 cents.
Greg hasn’t done anything for any of the other programs? He fired the mistake of a baseball coach Bill Battle hired within months of taking the job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Greg hasn’t done anything for any of the other programs? He fired the mistake of a baseball coach Bill Battle hired within months of taking the job.

I consider myself a reasonable and fair alumni. As i said, "i don't recall" - but the baseball coach hire may pan out. We can see if we make strides this year. They look pretty good so far. We'll see where we measure up when we get into the SEC season soon.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I consider myself a reasonable and fair alumni. As i said, "i don't recall" - but the baseball coach hire may pan out. We can see if we make strides this year. They look pretty good so far. We'll see where we measure up when we get into the SEC season soon.
What more would you want him to do? Be honest. What more could he have done thus far during his tenure?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
What more would you want him to do? Be honest. What more could he have done thus far during his tenure?

See, there you go again, injecting logic and consequences into an emotional discussion. Why can't you respect the time-honored tradition of fans kvetching?

Seriously, it's a whole lot easier to throw rocks and point out imperfections than it is to build something worthwhile. Let alone offer up a better alternative.

Look at the ratio of rock-throwers to doers in any part of life. Work, school, sports, whatever....it's beyond annoying.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.