Link: NCAA hopes barely alive, what about Alabama’s heart? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: NCAA hopes barely alive, what about Alabama’s heart?

Quote Originally Posted by bamamick View Post
    Maybe I am just naive, it has happened before, but I can't see Coach Johnson sticking around somewhere he isn't wanted, and would accept a deal if that is what it came down to. Personally I hope the guys get it in gear and win a few of these and at least get an NIT bid.

The incoming class is supposed to be really good.

Rtr
    Would have to be a complete collapse to not get a NIT bid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

BamaNation All-American Mystical's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DallasRTR View Post
    Amazing how we can be such a dominant team in football but can't seem to do anything else. Nothing in basketball (men or women) nothing in baseball. Ok, our Softball team is good and so is our Gymnastics team. But we are Alabama - our expectations should be much higher than what we've accomplished in the past 10-15 years.
    I think the first coach that gets new facilities will take the program to new heights.
    WHERE EVER YOU GO, YOU TAKE YOURSELF WITH YOU

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Who in the world was trying to hire Avery that the AD decided to give him $9M buyout? When is the last time a coach was actually hired away from Alabama basketball? $9M buyout for a coach with zero college experience is maddening..

Maybe I am just naive, it has happened before, but I can't see Coach Johnson sticking around somewhere he isn't wanted, and would accept a deal if that is what it came down to. Personally I hope the guys get it in gear and win a few of these and at least get an NIT bid.

The incoming class is supposed to be really good.

Rtr
    Unless fundamentals, discipline and mental toughness are instilled into the incoming class we'll end up being even more disappointed because the talent will have been wasted. Again.
    "It's not the will to win that matters - everyone has that.
    It's the will to prepare to win that matters."
    PAUL "BEAR" BRYANT

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    Here you go, if accurate... MonkyTiser
    I don't like buyouts. I wish all future contracts would be like CNS's contract without a buyout for either party.

BamaNation Hall of Fame

Amazing how we can be such a dominant team in football but can't seem to do anything else. Nothing in basketball (men or women) nothing in baseball. Ok, our Softball team is good and so is our Gymnastics team. But we are Alabama - our expectations should be much higher than what we've accomplished in the past 10-15 years.
    I know that many don't consider golf a sport, but our men's and women's golf teams are both very solid. Golf is one of the few professional sports I ever watch any more, so I really enjoy seeing our golf teams do well. Roll Tide and back to basketball!

BamaNation All-American crimsonbleeder's Avatar

You haven't been following gymnastics this year, have you? Our Gym team is NOT good.
    "No invention in history has been more successful in the collection and display of stupidity than the Internet. "

-Mike Herndon, Press-Register 8/20/08

FB|BB Moderator

I'm thinking that if Avery Jr. is finished and mama isn't happy (I've seen her at a few functions of one sort and another, and I can assure you, she doesn't buy her clothes in either Tuscaloosa or Birmingham), Avery can't be all that happy, either.

If he has in fact reached out to explore other options, maybe we could negotiate a mutually-acceptable settlement on the buyout.

Next question is who would be the replacement, and several names have realistic promise. Given all the uncertainty, I have to think Byrne has been doing some exploring with coaching agents, and research into character.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

Quote Originally Posted by imauafan View Post
    I don't like buyouts. I wish all future contracts would be like CNS's contract without a buyout for either party.
    IF the MA article is correct - it seems to be the only one other than USAToday treating the buyout, and it does reference a UA Trustees meeting - there is a reduction in the buyout, if he takes another job, as opposed to sitting around twiddling his thumbs. Alabama's FOI act sucks, there's no real way to get at the details legally...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Both golf teams are pretty good recently.....
    JUST WIN
    ------------------------------------------------------
    “It’s not the will to win that matters – everyone has that. It’s the will to prepare to win that matters.” - Paul W "Bear" Bryant
    "Aight" - Nick Saban

BamaNation Second Team

Yes, I follow our Gymnastics team.

Our Gymnastics team is ranked #9 in the country with an average score of 196.386. Not as good as it was a couple of years ago, but we don't suck at it. My favorite gymnast now is Maddie Desch - I think her floor routine is incredible - and does not get the credit she should for what she does.

BamaNation All-SEC

To no longer be a perennial Super Six program is a hard pill to swallow, but that's where we are.

rtr

BamaNation Hall of Fame

To no longer be a perennial Super Six program is a hard pill to swallow, but that's where we are.

rtr
    Its extremely difficult to follow a legend