Link: NCAA hopes barely alive, what about Alabama’s heart?

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I'm thinking that if Avery Jr. is finished and mama isn't happy (I've seen her at a few functions of one sort and another, and I can assure you, she doesn't buy her clothes in either Tuscaloosa or Birmingham), Avery can't be all that happy, either.

If he has in fact reached out to explore other options, maybe we could negotiate a mutually-acceptable settlement on the buyout.

Next question is who would be the replacement, and several names have realistic promise. Given all the uncertainty, I have to think Byrne has been doing some exploring with coaching agents, and research into character.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I don't like buyouts. I wish all future contracts would be like CNS's contract without a buyout for either party.
IF the MA article is correct - it seems to be the only one other than USAToday treating the buyout, and it does reference a UA Trustees meeting - there is a reduction in the buyout, if he takes another job, as opposed to sitting around twiddling his thumbs. Alabama's FOI act sucks, there's no real way to get at the details legally...

Just Win

All-SEC
Dec 22, 2003
Alabaster, AL, USA
Amazing how we can be such a dominant team in football but can't seem to do anything else. Nothing in basketball (men or women) nothing in baseball. Ok, our Softball team is good and so is our Gymnastics team. But we are Alabama - our expectations should be much higher than what we've accomplished in the past 10-15 years.
Both golf teams are pretty good recently.....

DallasRTR

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2007
Yes, I follow our Gymnastics team.

Our Gymnastics team is ranked #9 in the country with an average score of 196.386. Not as good as it was a couple of years ago, but we don't suck at it. My favorite gymnast now is Maddie Desch - I think her floor routine is incredible - and does not get the credit she should for what she does.

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
To no longer be a perennial Super Six program is a hard pill to swallow, but that's where we are.

rtr

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.