Link: Patriots Owner Robert Kraft arrested in human trafficking/prostitution investigation

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
OJ's glove not fitting was no accident. In the first place, it had been blood-soaked and allowed to dry - and shrink. In the second place, he had been advised to go off his NSAIDs and let his arthritic knuckles swell. The prosecution knew this and were too taken aback to object...

I know I'm wandering here - particularly since I was focused solely on the visual (you helped support my point, though, with the data) - but that whole thing stunk from the get-go. In addition to the points you made......you don't hand the glove to the defendant and ask them to show you it fits any more than you hand the defendant a gun and ask them to do a ballistics check.

I recently read Petrocelli's book about the civil trial. Even without OJ taking the stand, Clark and Darden could have buried him by laying out the timeline of OJ's entire life - including the devastating quote from his autobiography, "I think I'm a pretty good liar."

But as a sub-point of that (and showing both my earlier point and the fact that the Trumpbots are a pre-existing subculture of humanity and not as unique as we'd like to imagine).....Petrocelli found some truly amazing mental gymnastics during jury selection. Several folks sympathetic to OJ were asked if the rarity of the shoes, purchase, etc could be proven, would they find OJ guilty - and more than one said, "No, because someone could have stolen his shoes and committed the murders."

Once in the 80s, a producer for one of the evening news shows asked one of the Reagan PR guys about a devastating report they'd done the night before. Did the White House have any comment? The PR person said, "You idiot, nobody heard what you said. What they saw was the President of the United States visiting sick children."

People don't take in the details.

I think that the fact there's a video of it occurring actually helps Kraft in the public eye (unless there's audio as well). It gets him perceived as wronged by "oh, they were spying on this old man." (Remember to take in the details - I'm NOT saying Kraft is any kind of victim of anything because he isn't. But people in general see the report and the video and all they're taking in is the prostitution part NOT the trafficking part).

Go look at it over and over again. Pick anything you want where the details contradict the eventual outcome.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I know I'm wandering here - particularly since I was focused solely on the visual (you helped support my point, though, with the data) - but that whole thing stunk from the get-go. In addition to the points you made......you don't hand the glove to the defendant and ask them to show you it fits any more than you hand the defendant a gun and ask them to do a ballistics check.

I recently read Petrocelli's book about the civil trial. Even without OJ taking the stand, Clark and Darden could have buried him by laying out the timeline of OJ's entire life - including the devastating quote from his autobiography, "I think I'm a pretty good liar."

But as a sub-point of that (and showing both my earlier point and the fact that the Trumpbots are a pre-existing subculture of humanity and not as unique as we'd like to imagine).....Petrocelli found some truly amazing mental gymnastics during jury selection. Several folks sympathetic to OJ were asked if the rarity of the shoes, purchase, etc could be proven, would they find OJ guilty - and more than one said, "No, because someone could have stolen his shoes and committed the murders."

Once in the 80s, a producer for one of the evening news shows asked one of the Reagan PR guys about a devastating report they'd done the night before. Did the White House have any comment? The PR person said, "You idiot, nobody heard what you said. What they saw was the President of the United States visiting sick children."

People don't take in the details.

I think that the fact there's a video of it occurring actually helps Kraft in the public eye (unless there's audio as well). It gets him perceived as wronged by "oh, they were spying on this old man." (Remember to take in the details - I'm NOT saying Kraft is any kind of victim of anything because he isn't. But people in general see the report and the video and all they're taking in is the prostitution part NOT the trafficking part).

Go look at it over and over again. Pick anything you want where the details contradict the eventual outcome.
Very good. Trump could never have been elected, if people had really paid attention to the details of what he was saying. They picked out the parts which fit their prejudices...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Very good. Trump could never have been elected, if people had really paid attention to the details of what he was saying. They picked out the parts which fit their prejudices...
And I think there's a lot of truth to that.

I watched my old man post-strokes turn into this.

Remember three years ago around this time when Trump and Rubio had that exchange over the size of manhood?

My old man is sitting there and dissing Rubio as a liar on immigration.
Then he turned right around in the same breath and praised Trump for being the only guy telling the truth about stuff.

It was amazing - he could point out lies by EVERY other candidate in the race, regardless of party.
Trump got the most amazing free pass I've ever seen.

My ex-FIL is exactly the same. When I called him on his birthday back in January, this former SE Louisiana full blooded Cajun raised Roman Catholic, blue collar, long-term Democrat.......full Trump.

One more and I'll stop. I work with this 78-year old pathologist (there's another one who is 84, ha ha). He's originally from NW Arkansas, but he has a sort of Hispanic sounding accent even though he's not (his last name is Spanish Basque). He said this past time was the ONLY election in his 78 years on this planet where afterward your own family members were impossible to engage in discussion. He could go through his votes - and whether the people voted for Nixon or Reagan or Clinton (to use 3 controversial names), when it was over they all went on with their lives.

Last week he told me that he cringes at any family get together because there's the pro-Trump side (who thinks Trump is Jesus because, you know, both names have five letters) that absolutely will not shut up. Has been voting over 50 years but never seen anything like this.

Anyway, I'm getting away from Kraft, so I'll drop that at this point.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
And I think there's a lot of truth to that.

I watched my old man post-strokes turn into this.

Remember three years ago around this time when Trump and Rubio had that exchange over the size of manhood?

My old man is sitting there and dissing Rubio as a liar on immigration.
Then he turned right around in the same breath and praised Trump for being the only guy telling the truth about stuff.

It was amazing - he could point out lies by EVERY other candidate in the race, regardless of party.
Trump got the most amazing free pass I've ever seen.

My ex-FIL is exactly the same. When I called him on his birthday back in January, this former SE Louisiana full blooded Cajun raised Roman Catholic, blue collar, long-term Democrat.......full Trump.

One more and I'll stop. I work with this 78-year old pathologist (there's another one who is 84, ha ha). He's originally from NW Arkansas, but he has a sort of Hispanic sounding accent even though he's not (his last name is Spanish Basque). He said this past time was the ONLY election in his 78 years on this planet where afterward your own family members were impossible to engage in discussion. He could go through his votes - and whether the people voted for Nixon or Reagan or Clinton (to use 3 controversial names), when it was over they all went on with their lives.

Last week he told me that he cringes at any family get together because there's the pro-Trump side (who thinks Trump is Jesus because, you know, both names have five letters) that absolutely will not shut up. Has been voting over 50 years but never seen anything like this.

Anyway, I'm getting away from Kraft, so I'll drop that at this point.
Well, we never had a thread drift rule here. In my family, our one family-wide get-together is Thanksgiving. The Trump people are so outnumbered, they keep quiet...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Well, we never had a thread drift rule here. In my family, our one family-wide get-together is Thanksgiving. The Trump people are so outnumbered, they keep quiet...

What kind of irks me is that political discussions were never something we really had. And the old man was pretty skeptical of politicians anyway, rightly so. I do recall back in the late 90s asking him the best and worst Presidents of his lifetime. He rated Daddy Bush the best (yet he had hated him, go figure) and JFK and LBJ tied for the worst (he said the difference was that JFK was a smart man who didn't act on his smarts while LBJ was just plain dumb in the first place).

Dad is the only one really on the Trump train. I suspect my sister probably voted for him as the evil of two lessers. My older of the two younger brothers has never expressed a political opinion to us in his life, and my youngest brother (the news producer) is a pragmatic conservative - he even texted me the night Trump won (as it was official) with, "What the hell just happened?"

It absolutely pains me because I KNOW that's not "old Dad" as we knew him. The strokes turned him that way, which may tell you the intellectual level one has to believe Trump. Dad would have absolutely hated Trump's financial mismanagement of his so-called empire.

When he starts, I get up and leave - mostly to keep my blood pressure normal.

One more note and I promise I'll drop this aspect (unless I'm lying again):
When the government shutdown happened recently, my folks have taken up to listening to Rush Limbaugh. I haven't heard him in probably 8 years or so. But my Mom brought this up to me on a phone call and I asked, "If Mexico is paying for the damn wall - which is what he said - then why is he shutting down the government?" Mom told me that Rush had said that everyone knew Trump was "kidding" and "not serious" about that claim.

As one who listened to Rush daily back in 1993 when Clinton first took office, I said, "Oh ok. So when Clinton lied about the middle class tax cut it was a lie, but when Trump lied about the wall funding, he was just kidding. Rush may be more like a politician than he ever cares to admit."

Smart too late, old too soon.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/pa...-kraft-white-house-patriots-aides-not-so-sure

two things

Kraft, who faces two charges of soliciting prostitution, denied any illegal activity in his initial statement and pled not guilty last month. He reportedly rejected a plea offer from the Florida state attorney's office that would drop his charges if he admitted he would have been proven guilty in court.
and

White House officials told POLITICO they consider it a bad idea for Trump to host Kraft for a celebratory event at the White House, where it has become customary for presidents to honor championship sports teams.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.