Link: Patriots Owner Robert Kraft arrested in human trafficking/prostitution investigation

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Vegas doesn't really have legalized prostitution right? Isn't it only legal in some county outside of vegas. I also don't think you should expect legalizing it on such a micro level having any sort of impact. That shouldn't really be used as proof one way or another IMO. I really just think more research is needed or maybe that research exists and I'm ignorant of it?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Vegas doesn't really have legalized prostitution right? Isn't it only legal in some county outside of vegas. I also don't think you should expect legalizing it on such a micro level having any sort of impact. That shouldn't really be used as proof one way or another IMO. I really just think more research is needed or maybe that research exists and I'm ignorant of it?
From what I remember there are a strict stipulations about it. The Bunny Ranch (Cathouse) is one of a few of those loophole brothels. But I think it does require them to be tested bi monthly and to report everyone who works there. But yes it isn’t “Vegas” but there are some surrounding counties that allow it.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Given the location I’m wondering if this goes up to the Orange Cheeto?
He and Kraft are "friends".

Naturally Kraft and his people are denying this is him. As long as there is no audio, he can deny the guy that looks exactly like him on the video isn't him. Even if there is audio, he can still deny it is him. He can just say it is a 70ish year old man that looks and sounds exactly like him that is in a "massage parlor" that is near where he lives. Just a big coincidence.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
So they bust the place for human trafficking. But unless he asked for something illegal, how did he commit a crime?Maybe they have video evidence of him asking for favors.If the business was illegal, why was it allowed to stay open?
sounds like they have video of him with the hookers

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Where this could possibly get serious for Kraft is if the hookers he was approaching were a part of the human trafficking and were providing services against their will. I assume not all hookers are being forced to be hookers. But I do know when someone is kidnapped and put into the human trafficking ring, many times they are forced to basically become hookers. If this is the case (regardless if Kraft knew that or not), this will not be pretty for the Krafts and the Patriots.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So they bust the place for human trafficking. But unless he asked for something illegal, how did he commit a crime?Maybe they have video evidence of him asking for favors.If the business was illegal, why was it allowed to stay open?
Police say they have video evidence of him entering the store and paying along with a second video of the act. As far as the Schefter report goes, I wondered about it, too. A reporter in Jupiter tweeted the list provided by police. Either, there's more to the investigation, or Schefter was told a lie to ease pressure off Kraft.

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1098991449486561282

Last edited:

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Police say they have video evidence of him entering the store and paying along with a second video of the act. As far as the Schefter report goes, I wondered about it, too. A reporter in Jupiter tweeted the list provided by police. Either, there's more to the investigation, or Schefter was told a lie to ease pressure off Kraft.
As an aside, I wonder if Schefter was abused or witnessed abuse as a child. Any time something like this comes up and they have him on one of the panels of NFL Network or ESPN. He gets visibly shook up and highly emotional. I'm not knocking the guy or belittling him for doing so. It's just an observation.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Where this could possibly get serious for Kraft is if the hookers he was approaching were a part of the human trafficking and were providing services against their will. I assume not all hookers are being forced to be hookers. But I do know when someone is kidnapped and put into the human trafficking ring, many times they are forced to basically become hookers. If this is the case (regardless if Kraft knew that or not), this will not be pretty for the Krafts and the Patriots.
Even if this is the case, the Patriots would probably stay in the Kraft family. I think this is a bit different from Richardson and Sterling getting forced to sell.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Even if this is the case, the Patriots would probably stay in the Kraft family. I think this is a bit different from Richardson and Sterling getting forced to sell.
We'll see, but if what I previously posted turns out to be the case. You know for a fact the media will play up the human trafficking side of it as much as they can and do their best to make solicitation of sexual acts and supporting human trafficking synonymous. Get yo pop-cone ready!!!!

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
We'll see, but if what I previously posted turns out to be the case. You know for a fact the media will play up the human trafficking side of it as much as they can and do their best to make solicitation of sexual acts and supporting human trafficking synonymous. Get yo pop-cone ready!!!!
well, those things do tend to go hand in hand. and in this case, for sure they did.

and in what i guess is sort of an ironic twist, the nfl has done a lot in recent years to combat human trafficking/prostitution around the super bowl and this has helped to some extent "conflate" the two terms

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea

https://twitter.com/abc/status/1098991449486561282

So I suppose getting the massage itself was perfectly legal.

But if the massage involved a happy ending, and he didn't necessarily request it, does that constitute prostitution? I guess, if that was the case, he should have said, "NO!!" when his Johnson was accosted by the "therapist".

Or maybe there was more to this alleged "sexual act" he's accused of being part of.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

But if the massage involved a happy ending, and he didn't necessarily request it, does that constitute prostitution?

Or maybe there was more to this alleged "sexual act" he's accused of being part of.
He was charged with two counts of solicitation of prostitution. He asked for it.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
it wasn't just this spa, this was apparently part of a much larger police operation investigating prostitution/trafficking that has been going on for a few months.

it may be that is where the "bigger" name pops up

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
it wasn't just this spa, this was apparently part of a much larger police operation investigating prostitution/trafficking that has been going on for a few months.

it may be that is where the "bigger" name pops up
Ala - the kingpin behind it all

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004

But if the massage involved a happy ending, and he didn't necessarily request it, does that constitute prostitution? I guess, if that was the case, he should have said, "NO!!" when his Johnson was accosted by the "therapist".

Here in Louisiana it is very common when buying crawfish in bulk you'll get home to find they've thrown in some corn and potatoes for no additional charge. I didn't order the corn and potatoes, I'm already home, cold beer in hand. It was a little lagniappe for being a good paying customer. So I enjoy the corn and potatoes. Maybe Mr. Kraft was a good paying customer.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Here in Louisiana it is very common when buying crawfish in bulk you'll get home to find they've thrown in some corn and potatoes for no additional charge. I didn't order the corn and potatoes, I'm already home, cold beer in hand. It was a little lagniappe for being a good paying customer. So I enjoy the corn and potatoes. Maybe Mr. Kraft was a good paying customer.
being almost 50 and very happily married, i think i would prefer the corn and potatoes happy ending to getting a "surprise" at a south florida strip mall "spa" ;)

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
being almost 50 and very happily married, i think i would prefer the corn and potatoes happy ending to getting a "surprise" at a south florida strip mall "spa" ;)
What's worse is a man worth $6 billion having to "solicit" anything. He must have been bored and needed a challenge. If I've got that kind of money, I don't have to leave my room.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well you don't want to be rude.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.