Link: Patriots Owner Robert Kraft arrested in human trafficking/prostitution investigation

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think Americans have a default hero worship towards people with massive amounts of money. I am not really sure where it comes from, I have been trying to put it together in a unifying theory. There is something about the thought of capitalism being almost a religion in the minds of many with the associated blind faith placed in those who seem so good at it. IE if capitalism is a religion, the ultra wealthy are obviously the most pious. I am not sure whether this has a direct analogue with America being a religious country for so long, and now that church participation is dropping off, people are looking for some greater ideal to fill that hole in their belief system. I think there is some nugget of truth to it especially when you consider the success of the prosperity gospel movement. What better way to get a bunch of followers than to combine two promises of unguaranteed outcome that are inherently seductive and desirable?

I haven't fleshed out the kernel of the idea yet, but there are just too many incidents of where I see people of very little means, talking about how the ultra wealthy are deserving of the special treatment. Take for example Trump's stories about being a self made man, excellent businessman, negotiation genius, etc. Even after that has been shown to not be the case, many still like to point at his own description of his capabilities as the truth, primarily because Americans don't like to believe that they can be fooled. Which at some point seems very much like a faith based approach to the world. As soon as you begin to chip away at that faith in one facet, it makes it easier for the entire facade to come crashing down.
They've joined his tribe...

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
They've joined his tribe...
Yeah I think there is something to the tribalistic nature of humans in general, but at what point is it really a tribe. Are humans naturally tribal? This article does an ok job at distilling what is a tribe, and why they are so attractive to people. But I think there comes a point where the tribal metaphor breaks down, especially with regards for the concept of any tribe that includes DJT shouldn’t also include the salt of the earth type people who voted for him.

That may seem weird, but tribes when I think of the evolutionary benefit they provided couldn’t have all been about one really strong person pulling around everyone else in the tribe upon will and ideas alone. It had to be about equal sharing of resources, capabilities, and ideals. Right now the DJT tribe is really about someone who managed to convince a whole bunch of people to put him into power. Maybe that IS the sharing of capabilities and resources, where the capability is shared messaging amongst the internet and resources amounts to votes. Use the cult of personality to get the leader elected who then can empower everyone in the tribe.

The whole tribal metaphor just makes me wonder how anyone who is dirt poor can possibly feel that they would be legitimately be part of the DJT tribe. IE, I don’t think too many people who voted for him have received an invitation to Mar A Lago. The tribe seems purely ephemeral. Maybe that’s enough in today’s society. The echo chamber is a sufficient replacement for a tribal community due to there not really being a life or death consequences of holding up your responsibilities to the tribe regarding resources and capabilities.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Yeah I think there is something to the tribalistic nature of humans in general, but at what point is it really a tribe. Are humans naturally tribal? This article does an ok job at distilling what is a tribe, and why they are so attractive to people. But I think there comes a point where the tribal metaphor breaks down, especially with regards for the concept of any tribe that includes DJT shouldn’t also include the salt of the earth type people who voted for him.

That may seem weird, but tribes when I think of the evolutionary benefit they provided couldn’t have all been about one really strong person pulling around everyone else in the tribe upon will and ideas alone. It had to be about equal sharing of resources, capabilities, and ideals. Right now the DJT tribe is really about someone who managed to convince a whole bunch of people to put him into power. Maybe that IS the sharing of capabilities and resources, where the capability is shared messaging amongst the internet and resources amounts to votes. Use the cult of personality to get the leader elected who then can empower everyone in the tribe.

The whole tribal metaphor just makes me wonder how anyone who is dirt poor can possibly feel that they would be legitimately be part of the DJT tribe. IE, I don’t think too many people who voted for him have received an invitation to Mar A Lago. The tribe seems purely ephemeral. Maybe that’s enough in today’s society. The echo chamber is a sufficient replacement for a tribal community due to there not really being a life or death consequences of holding up your responsibilities to the tribe regarding resources and capabilities.
They think he wants them to be rich like him. Meanwhile, association will do...

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Daily Beast reporting there's a tape. Let's hope that does not pop up on TMZ.
They said that as soon as it was announced, that they had video evidence of him receiving the services that showed EVERYTHING.
Not exactly sure what that means, but I’d say they wouldn’t have bothered Kraft without it.
It’ll be online in, oh, I’d say within 10 days of it being entered as evidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
They said that as soon as it was announced, that they had video evidence of him receiving the services that showed EVERYTHING.
Not exactly sure what that means, but I’d say they wouldn’t have bothered Kraft without it.
It’ll be online in, oh, I’d say within 10 days of it being entered as evidence.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Yes, I think you’re right about it being disproved. I wasn’t suggesting he was involved if true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will say I find the math a little odd. They say 1500 “customers” for each girl per year, yet only 25 guys on the list. I would assume these are regulars and not just some one time visitors.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was listening to CNN this morning and they said his most recent visit (that was recorded) lasted 16 minutes. That is from the time he arrived to the time he left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
the affidavits have been released to the Boston Globe describing what footage the police have. One is on the same day as the AFC Championship game. I would link them but they are.... pretty thorough of what happened.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Did I see yesterday where police are now saying this wasn't a case of human trafficking like originally reported?

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Did I see yesterday where police are now saying this wasn't a case of human trafficking like originally reported?
I saw a story where it was implied the police manipulated the report in order to get the cameras installed. Again it was implied and not facts which is typical of news stories now.

From everything I have read the owner of this spa is scum but Kraft and the others did not know. They are just guilty of going to the wrong spa.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
He has a hot trophy young (for him 39 vs 70) friend with benefits already. She is a minor actress

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.in...he-spotlight-after-patriots-owner-arrest/amp/
And I knew that.....that's why I'm like....

My goodness, I'm 49, and I don't think I'd date a 39-year old. Most of them have kids (bye bye), all have a past, and it seems most of them only want some guy to get even with for the last guy they spent their best years with.

In a related story, I'm debt free and my ex is $170,000 in the hole because of her idiocy. Roll Tide.
When you are as wealthy as Kraft, you're not paying for sex. You're paying them to just go away afterward.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.