Link: Patriots Owner Robert Kraft arrested in human trafficking/prostitution investigation

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Without taking the time to read the thread, I'd just like to mention I heard there are video tapes of the crime.

Let's all hope we don't get to see them.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It is really disturbing to read the comments sections of articles written about this. Are people that bad at reading? There are people joking about this and "not seeing what he did wrong." The problem isn't that he went to the "massage parlor". What actually makes it a big deal is these women were sex slaves. Now there is a chance Kraft and the others had no idea, but if he did know then it becomes a huge deal. As I posted earlier the difference is one is a misdemeanor and the other is a felony.

Here's an unfortunate reality:

people don't take in the details.

That's why OJ's glove not fitting his hand was such a devastating visual.
It's why we have a nation of morons who actually believe that Oliver Stone's "JFK" is "mostly true"
It's why people can hear something that affirms their prejudices and ignore the rest (whether that's "Obama is a Muslim" or "wasn't born here" or even "Palin said she could see Alaska from her house")

All they hear is the old man with money got himself off. The details? They can't take those in. The Duke lacrosse players will live their lives with that horrible spectre hanging over them - despite doing nothing wrong.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
OJ's glove not fitting was no accident. In the first place, it had been blood-soaked and allowed to dry - and shrink. In the second place, he had been advised to go off his NSAIDs and let his arthritic knuckles swell. The prosecution knew this and were too taken aback to object...

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Because of course he did...

Trump cheered Kraft’s team to Super Bowl victory with founder of spa where he was busted

Seated at a round table littered with party favors and the paper-cutout footballs that have become tradition at his annual Super Bowl Watch Party, President Donald Trump cheered the New England Patriots and his longtime friend, team owner Robert Kraft, to victory over the Los Angeles Rams on Feb. 3.

Sometime during the party at Trump’s West Palm Beach country club, the president turned in his chair to look over his right shoulder, smiling for a photo with two women at a table behind him.

The woman who snapped the blurry Super Bowl selfie with the president was Li Yang, 45, a self-made entrepreneur from China who started a chain of Asian day spas in South Florida. Over the years, these establishments — many of which operate under the name Tokyo Day Spas — have gained a reputation for offering sexual services.

Nineteen days after Trump and Yang posed together while rooting for the Patriots, authorities would charge Kraft with soliciting prostitution at a spa in Jupiter that Yang had founded more than a decade earlier.

Yang says she had long since sold Orchids of Asia Day Spa, the massage parlor where authorities say they caught Kraft on camera paying for oral sex the morning of the Jan. 20 AFC Championship game — his second visit in 24 hours. (Kraft has denied breaking the law.) Yang, who goes by Cindy, was not charged in the multi-agency anti-human trafficking operation last month that shut down 10 Asian day spas in Florida, none of which are registered to her or her family.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I agree. I've never bought the proposition of prostitution being the "victimless crime"...
I understand that point of view and generally agree. In my opinion, there are always exceptions...

When you have two consenting adults that have a mutually beneficial arrangement where money is exchanged for sex with no misgivings or regrets from either side...

Say you have a person who enjoys sex on a fairly casual basis (they have sex with people they don't love or hope to marry.) Someone they consider as a potential bed partner desires them and is well fixed financially, and is prepared to spend a few hundred dollars on an elaborate date hoping to land them in bed.

If they decide to skip the date, head straight to bed for half the price of the aborted date, that seems to me like it's nobody else's business, much less something to be jailed for.

Kraft's deal was nothing like this and was clearly a horrible crime, but decriminalizing prostitution is being discussed more and more these days.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I understand that point of view and generally agree. In my opinion, there are always exceptions...

When you have two consenting adults that have a mutually beneficial arrangement where money is exchanged for sex with no misgivings or regrets from either side...

Say you have a person who enjoys sex on a fairly casual basis (they have sex with people they don't love or hope to marry.) Someone they consider as a potential bed partner desires them and is well fixed financially, and is prepared to spend a few hundred dollars on an elaborate date hoping to land them in bed.

If they decide to skip the date, head straight to bed for half the price of the aborted date, that seems to me like it's nobody else's business, much less something to be jailed for.

Kraft's deal was nothing like this and was clearly a horrible crime, but decriminalizing prostitution is being discussed more and more these days.
However, you realize what a small percentage of prostitution you're talking about? I would say that not even a fraction of a percent of that type of prostitution is punished in any way. When pimps are involved - and they're involved in the majority of it - is when it really gets ugly...

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
However, you realize what a small percentage of prostitution you're talking about? I would say that not even a fraction of a percent of that type of prostitution is punished in any way. When pimps are involved - and they're involved in the majority of it - is when it really gets ugly...
I'm sure you are right.

Eliminate the pimps and put the money directly in the hands of the person who earned it.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football

I know several men who would have made out A LOT cheaper and more stress free if they would have just found this type arrangement rather than marrying the hussy because she was hawt.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Buzzard, I can relate.

Sorry to have highjacked the thread.

I just read an update on the Kraft story, naturally Trump is buddies with the woman who runs the brothel/spa where Kraft went. I'll say this for Trump...for an old goat, he sure gets around.

Per the Herald, the previously politically ambivalent Yang has become a mainstay at Republican events, sometimes pictured bearing a rhinestone MAGA purse, and donating significant sums to Trump’s campaign and PACs. She has taken pictures with Donald Trump Jr., Eric Trump and Sen. Rick Scott (R-FL), among others.
https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-posed-picture-founder-spa-kraft-solicitated-prostitutes

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Buzzard, I can relate.

Sorry to have highjacked the thread.

I just read an update on the Kraft story, naturally Trump is buddies with the woman who runs the brothel/spa where Kraft went. I'll say this for Trump...for a old goat, he sure gets around.

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/trump-posed-picture-founder-spa-kraft-solicitated-prostitutes
Posted the original report on the previous page. One clarification to your post - Yang isn't the owner of Orchids of Asia. She sold it a few years ago.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Posted the original report on the previous page. One clarification to your post - Yang isn't the owner of Orchids of Asia. She sold it a few years ago.
I'm guessing she Yanged off enough men to get out of there.

Ba-dum-tss

twofbyc

Suspended
Oct 14, 2009
OJ's glove not fitting was no accident. In the first place, it had been blood-soaked and allowed to dry - and shrink. In the second place, he had been advised to go off his NSAIDs and let his arthritic knuckles swell. The prosecution knew this and were too taken aback to object...
Full banjeaux sir.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.