Alabama-WVU Home and Home Series for 2026 and 2027

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
Be very interesting to see where both programs are in 7 & 8 years. In all likelihood this will be at least a couple of years after Saban. Hopefully we’re still a powerhouse when this rolls around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Be very interesting to see where both programs are in 7 & 8 years. In all likelihood this will be at least a couple of years after Saban. Hopefully we’re still a powerhouse when this rolls around.

It will be hard to tell if the Saban-bot or the Saban clone are better coaches.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I like it. I like the opportunity to see another game Day atmosphere!

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Don't worry about it. Dabo will keep the Crimson Train on track. Bama is going to win forever.

owenfieldreams

Big-12 All American
Sep 8, 2002
galveston tx. usa
delpapabud.com
I went to OU's first Big 12 conference game with WVU in Morgantown. Contrary to the "couch burning" reputation, the fans couldn't have been nicer. Great tailgate area around the stadium reminded me of Florida State. The stadium is a dump but the campus and surrounding area is beautiful. We stayed in Washington, Pa., just across state line and where the OU team stayed. Flew into Pittsburg.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I went to OU's first Big 12 conference game with WVU in Morgantown. Contrary to the "couch burning" reputation, the fans couldn't have been nicer. Great tailgate area around the stadium reminded me of Florida State. The stadium is a dump but the campus and surrounding area is beautiful. We stayed in Washington, Pa., just across state line and where the OU team stayed. Flew into Pittsburg.
I spent the only night I ever slept in Pennsylvania in Washington, PA on August 25, 2008.

It was an okay place.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's obviously news nor am I zinging RTR91 but......this is kind of "meh" in my view.

Our critics are going to always - pardon the cliche - move the goalposts to criticize us.

When we were losing, it was "y'all cheat."
When we started winning, it was "Saban is leaving next year."
When we kept winning, they reverted to "Alabama refuses to play road games out of conference."
When we crushed Penn State in Happy Valley, it became, "Alabama refuses to play OOC road games outside the South."

And if we strolled into Michigan and pancaked those maize and blue wearing puppy dogs, the narrative would become, "But Michigan wasn't any good, they went 7-5 that year. Alabama should have played (picks another team with a 10-3 record) IN NOVEMBER."

I finally got enough of it last fall with someone and said, "What you're saying - but too cowardly to come right out and say - is 'Alabama isn't very good.' If that's true, your school needs to call up Alabama and tell them, 'We're coming to Tuscaloosa and going to beat you by three TDs, let's set up the game.'"

If Alabama is a paper tiger, er, elephant, then:
a) the venue doesn't matter
b) the weather doesn't matter
c) the time of year doesn't matter

Simply waltz into BDS and walk out a winner.

======================

What does this have to do with WVA?

Well, we've already beaten them. And this is yet another no win for us in the PR department.

If we lose and Saban is gone, it's a case of Saban was willing to schedule tough foes because he knew he wouldn't be there.
If we lose and Saban is there, it becomes "proof" that our 2011-12 teams were nothing but .500 teams that played nobody (to critics).
If we win.......it becomes, "But you were too chicken to play Oklahoma/Nebraska/Big Name Program."
If we win and WVA is 4-8 that year.......see 2017 FSU/UCF cognitive dissonance.

Do yourselves a favor - save all the screenshots you can now about how this is going to be so good. That way, you can bombard the two-faced selective amnesia hypocrites after the game when they revert to the above strategies.

There's ONE team out there that can talk a little smack about Alabama. ONE. (And even they're only 2-2 in the last four years with us, which given our record is a phenomenal accomplishment).

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
I went to the Bama/ WV game at the Ga Dome a few years ago, and their fans were very nice.......

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
It's obviously news nor am I zinging RTR91 but......this is kind of "meh" in my view.

Our critics are going to always - pardon the cliche - move the goalposts to criticize us.

When we were losing, it was "y'all cheat."
When we started winning, it was "Saban is leaving next year."
When we kept winning, they reverted to "Alabama refuses to play road games out of conference."
When we crushed Penn State in Happy Valley, it became, "Alabama refuses to play OOC road games outside the South."

And if we strolled into Michigan and pancaked those maize and blue wearing puppy dogs, the narrative would become, "But Michigan wasn't any good, they went 7-5 that year. Alabama should have played (picks another team with a 10-3 record) IN NOVEMBER."

I finally got enough of it last fall with someone and said, "What you're saying - but too cowardly to come right out and say - is 'Alabama isn't very good.' If that's true, your school needs to call up Alabama and tell them, 'We're coming to Tuscaloosa and going to beat you by three TDs, let's set up the game.'"

If Alabama is a paper tiger, er, elephant, then:
a) the venue doesn't matter
b) the weather doesn't matter
c) the time of year doesn't matter

Simply waltz into BDS and walk out a winner.

======================

What does this have to do with WVA?

Well, we've already beaten them. And this is yet another no win for us in the PR department.

If we lose and Saban is gone, it's a case of Saban was willing to schedule tough foes because he knew he wouldn't be there.
If we lose and Saban is there, it becomes "proof" that our 2011-12 teams were nothing but .500 teams that played nobody (to critics).
If we win.......it becomes, "But you were too chicken to play Oklahoma/Nebraska/Big Name Program."
If we win and WVA is 4-8 that year.......see 2017 FSU/UCF cognitive dissonance.

Do yourselves a favor - save all the screenshots you can now about how this is going to be so good. That way, you can bombard the two-faced selective amnesia hypocrites after the game when they revert to the above strategies.

There's ONE team out there that can talk a little smack about Alabama. ONE. (And even they're only 2-2 in the last four years with us, which given our record is a phenomenal accomplishment).
Glad to read your posts again Selma.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Good to see an ooc h/h but I’d rather see us schedule one against another traditional powerhouse like Michigan or Ohio St. We’ve never played in their house.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Good to see an ooc h/h but I’d rather see us schedule one against another traditional powerhouse like Michigan or Ohio St. We’ve never played in their house.
For that to ever happen, Michigan and/or Ohio State also have to be willing to play us home/home. I've never heard even a whisper of either ever expressing any interest to do so. We can't schedule teams that don't want to play us.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
And a different twist on "Will he still be the coach in 2026?" . . .

Will Neal Brown still be @ WVU in 2026, or will he have moved on to bigger and better by then? I think he'll be in Auburn by then as either the replacement to the Gus Bus, or the replacement to the replacement to the Gus Bus.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
For that to ever happen, Michigan and/or Ohio State also have to be willing to play us home/home. I've never heard even a whisper of either ever expressing any interest to do so. We can't schedule teams that don't want to play us.

Oh ok ....forget what I said, no need to ever pursue a h/h with Michigan or Ohio State. They don’t want to play us. 🤦.♂

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I'm still hoping we play Washington in 1925 to honor the 100th anniversary of Bama's first Rose Bowl game.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think out of the two Ohio St would be more willing to play us to a H/H. Michigan seems to like to play Pac 12 teams to H/H more than anyone else. But I would say that both would much prefer a neutral site over the H/H.

I think Oklahoma is probably the biggest name we could draw for a H/H that isn't on the future schedule list already.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.