Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD - Bama v. Vandy...

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
Every coach in the conference is telling their guys “if you can keep it within 20pts of Bama with 10 minutes to play you have a chance to win...” any less of a lead today we would have lost. Btw, Petty has to be the streakiest shooter I have ever seen but at least he hustled on defense.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The Georgia State coach said something very similar to that in the interview after the game when they beat us.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Well, it did prepare me for the William Castle schlockfest coming on. With a real monster!

AKA, Joan Crawford. :biggrin2:
YIKES! Only one thing scarier than Joan Crawford swinging an axe.

Someone wearing a Joan Crawford mask swinging an axe at the real Joan Crawford.

(Who do you root for?)

Yeah, between watching that and our game.........................probably not going to sleep very well tonight.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States

I think this is one of the issues with this team. The team breaks a 3 game losing streak and a player posts something like this. I just don’t like it. It’s taking away from the win and just screaming for attention. This isn’t something you tweet after a win. I’m not bashing a player, I just don’t think this was appropriate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Beating Vanderbilt twice in one year is a good thing. (Even if this is an historically bad Vandy team)

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Just finished watching the game. I liked that during most possessions Bama ran the ball up the court whether it was after a steal, rebound, or inbounds play; they did slow down later.

Definitely noticed the different substitution for this game. I was thinking at about the 11 to 10 minute mark in the second half that Hall looked a little tired and I wanted Smith to come in for a couple of minutes. Hall finally went to the bench for a couple of minutes then got back in the game at around 4 minutes I think.

Petty has played hard in the last couple of games; even boxing out for rebounds. His shot has disappeared again.

The big scoring drought in the second half was not the typical Bama drought; there weren't many turnovers. Vanderbilt played tight defense and when Alabama managed to get a good shot attempt, the player just missed the shot. There were several very good looks; maybe players were a little tired. In hindsight, there might have been a little better rotation so that Mack could have taken some minutes away from Petty, Lewis, and Ingram with some creative rotation; however, Mack had some early fouls.

Hall and Ingram had double-doubles.

Big minutes for some of the players: Petty-33; Hall-35; Ingram-35; Lewis-37

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Team simply does not know how to play for 40 minutes. Do not feel that they even care to do so. Maybe the worse team I have ever seen at finishing a game with a lead. Ever.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I think this is one of the issues with this team. The team breaks a 3 game losing streak and a player posts something like this. I just don’t like it. It’s taking away from the win and just screaming for attention. This isn’t something you tweet after a win. I’m not bashing a player, I just don’t think this was appropriate.

Either last week or the previous week, Scott Sanderson mentioned seeing Alex show some negative emotion in the first half of the UGA game. Said Alex was subbed out and immediately untucked his shirt and went to the end of the bench. Didn't play the rest of the game. The following game he was "ill." Hasn't played much (7 minutes against State and 2 against Florida) since.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana
I agree I dont see us winning anymore so the tournament talk will be going away soon.
I’m naturally way too optimistic, but I can’t write us off yet. It’s a tall order, but we have to split the last 4 games to have a chance.

South Carolina is a toss up. It’s a game on paper we should win, but so was A&M. We just don’t play well on the road. I’m hoping Vandy broke the slump just enough we’ll come out inspired. (I may also be naive)

Either way, I actually do think we’ll beat Auburn. It’s a revenge game and Auburn doesn’t play well on the road either. Plus being senior night, it should be the one game we can count on the guys to show up.

If we can show up to the SEC tourney with 18 wins and win at least 1, we should get in as an 10-12 seed. This is one of the weakest bubbles in the history of the sport, so we aren’t dead yet.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I’m naturally way too optimistic, but I can’t write us off yet. It’s a tall order, but we have to split the last 4 games to have a chance.

South Carolina is a toss up. It’s a game on paper we should win, but so was A&M. We just don’t play well on the road. I’m hoping Vandy broke the slump just enough we’ll come out inspired. (I may also be naive)

Either way, I actually do think we’ll beat Auburn. It’s a revenge game and Auburn doesn’t play well on the road either. Plus being senior night, it should be the one game we can count on the guys to show up.

If we can show up to the SEC tourney with 18 wins and win at least 1, we should get in as an 10-12 seed. This is one of the weakest bubbles in the history of the sport, so we aren’t dead yet.

The fact we play up or down to our competition, I would not be surprised if we beat LSU AND AU. LSU is good but, IMO they are no better than the KY team we beat. They have 7 conference wins of no more than 6 points. A bunch of those easily could’ve gone the other way making LSU a bubble team as well. Don’t forget they lost (got whooped) to a really bad Okie St team at home. The only game OSU has won on the road all year.

I’m interested to see them VS SC Tuesday night. Does Avery play 8 again? Do the guys who did not play show up to practice with a new attitude?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Either last week or the previous week, Scott Sanderson mentioned seeing Alex show some negative emotion in the first half of the UGA game. Said Alex was subbed out and immediately untucked his shirt and went to the end of the bench. Didn't play the rest of the game. The following game he was "ill." Hasn't played much (7 minutes against State and 2 against Florida) since.

His behavior is a sign that something is badly wrong in the team chemistry...

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
We could go anywhere from 0-4 to 4-0 and neither would be a surprise.
This is what is so frustrating and maddening about this team. The expectations are we don't know what to expect. I'm more a casual B-Ball fan but I was excited and had really high hopes when CAJ was hired and started recruiting. I'm now over it and I think our recruiting will suffer and transfers are on the horizon.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Understand it might not have been so much not playing AJ because of the issues on the court but more of an off the court incident.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.