Whatís your outlook for the 2019 season? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: Whatís your outlook for the 2019 season?

I just welcomed you, and your first post is somehow not what I would expect for Tidefans. Might want to read the rules before posting again.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

BYE...sincerity and Bama football "turn me on!"
    Quote Originally Posted by candicecheney View Post
    I bet from time to time, soccer or horse racing. It's fun and it really turns me on But of course I check the best bookmakers before making odds, and I can recommend some of the resources ig anyone is interested.

BamaNation All-SEC

BamaNation Hall of Fame JustNeedMe81's Avatar

Sark runs the ball more than what most think
    I don't know about that. We do have some talent Running backs.... But Sark knows what Tua can do. He knows what Najee can do. I think we'll see similar concepts this fall from last year, but with few twerks.

Tua will not win the Heisman, and will come in 3rd.
    I think there is some truth to it. Tua was in the lead until SEC Championship and then he lost the lead to Murray. I don't think he will finish 3rd though. I wouldn't be shocked to see Jalen, Tua and Trevor in December.

I think we will have few games where we struggle on offense and defense and can cost us a game or two. The fact we have Sark on offense doesn't sit well with me, but he will have spring, summer and fall to work on the offense, so we'll see where he is by then. Golding is a huge risk and hopefully we'll see what happens.

There are so many questions on both side of the balls that I would like to see addressed before Fall camp.
    We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

12-0 or 11-1 on the regular season. We'll make the NC game, again, and will be favored to win, again. I like our chances.

This, of course, is all predicated on Tua staying healthy. If so, I think he leads us to another NC and brings home the Heisman. OTOH, if he gets injured and misses a couple of key games, we could struggle. I just don't see Mac getting it done and, although they're very talented, I'd hate to have to depend on the incoming freshmen to take the helm.

BamaNation Second Team CoachInWaiting's Avatar

The coaching changes could be a problem in the hands of anyone except Saban, but time after time he turns them into upgrades. I think he's done it again. I see Alabama right back where it has been. Maybe not #1 n the polls from wire-to-wire, but getting there by the time of the first CFP ranking. SEC championship, probable 12-0 regular season, and back to the CFP Championship game, this time winning it.
    ​They said Bear Bryant walked on water....Nick Saban swims through land.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    I don't know about that. We do have some talent Running backs.... But Sark knows what Tua can do. He knows what Najee can do. I think we'll see similar concepts this fall from last year, but with few twerks.

I think there is some truth to it. Tua was in the lead until SEC Championship and then he lost the lead to Murray. I don't think he will finish 3rd though. I wouldn't be shocked to see Jalen, Tua and Trevor in December.

I think we will have few games where we struggle on offense and defense and can cost us a game or two. The fact we have Sark on offense doesn't sit well with me, but he will have spring, summer and fall to work on the offense, so we'll see where he is by then. Golding is a huge risk and hopefully we'll see what happens.

There are so many questions on both side of the balls that I would like to see addressed before Fall camp.
    Only once in my research has a heisman runner up returned to win the heisman the next year. Tua would probably need a far better season than last year. Iím just playing the law of averages and saying he will not win it.

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Only once in my research has a heisman runner up returned to win the heisman the next year. Tua would probably need a far better season than last year. I’m just playing the law of averages and saying he will not win it.
    In reality it should be a 2 QB race next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Tua doesn't win it but I would be surprised if he isn't top 2 (barring injury).

BamaNation All-American

I think the offense will again be explosive if Tua is healthy....and the D will some questions to answer when finally facing good competition

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RollTide_HTTR View Post
    In reality it should be a 2 QB race next year. I wouldn't be surprised if Tua doesn't win it but I would be surprised if he isn't top 2 (barring injury).
    But also remember that its hard to wow the heisman voters twice in a row. Remember Deshaun Watson outdueled Lamar Jackson but was still #2 with similar numbers from the year before, and JM had better numbers in 2013 than 2012 but finished #5. I just think unless Tua finishes with far better numbers then they will never seriously consider him
    "Aut viam inveniam aut faciam."

Hannibal

BamaNation All-American CoolBreeze's Avatar

I see us de-cleating Clempson in the final game of the season.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present."

Oogway, Kung Fu Panda

BamaNation Hall of Fame CHATTBRIT's Avatar

Playoffs
    Manchester City 2017-2018 English Premier League Champions & Carabou Cup Winners
    My basset hound, Henry. 10-14-1998 - 04-09-2012
    Remembering Victor Ellis #9
    I would rather burn an American flag to protect the Constitution than burn the Constitution to protect the American flag

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    But also remember that its hard to wow the heisman voters twice in a row. Remember Deshaun Watson outdueled Lamar Jackson but was still #2 with similar numbers from the year before, and JM had better numbers in 2013 than 2012 but finished #5. I just think unless Tua finishes with far better numbers then they will never seriously consider him
    Maybe. But i think the NCG may help Tua some. He isn't seen as the clear cut favorite like he was just last year. Or at least not as clear cut. Instead TL will be getting a ton of hype, and for as good as he is its a lot to live up to (especially from an efficiency standpoint).

I feel a lot less confident about Tua's chances this year than i did last year though.