Whatís your outlook for the 2019 season? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Re: Whatís your outlook for the 2019 season?

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    From a HUGE (access to coaches/locker room/field) aTm booster, "they have a ways to go before they jump from a 8 win team to a 10 win team much less a team that can compete with BAMA." Continued saying "they need at least 2 more recruiting classes and years in the weight room." He expects them to lose 4 or 5 games with BAMA, @Clemson, @LSU, @UGA on the schedule.

I expect BAMA to go 11-1 / 12-0 and win the SEC West. Then, beat Florida in the SEC Champ game, get the 2 seed in the playoff behind Clemson. Destroy Michigan in Arizona and get a rematch with Clemson in NOLA. With 16 days between the semi's and champ game, we will have plenty of time to prep for them. I predict we will spend about 5 practices working on Clemson leading up to our playoff game as well and be so focused that we destroy them by 40+. We will own NOLA!
    Iíve found most of my friends when I lived in Texas (San Antonio) that were aTm fans were far more grounded in expectations than Texas fans. But then again San Antonio is just a short bus ride from Austin so I guess the opposite could be true if you lived in Houston or Dallas.

But I think aTm is probably an 8-10 win team that probably upsets one team they are supposed to and loses to another they arenít supposed to. I guess I got them beating UGA in UGAís amen corner (knocking UGA out of Atlanta) and probably losing to a team like Ole Miss or Auburn. I think they are 2 years away from being THE threat to us, but they arenít going to be an easy out for us much longer.

FWIW I got Bama vs Florida in Atlanta, and us vs Oklahoma in Atlanta.

BamaNation Hall of Fame deliveryman35's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post
    Iíve found most of my friends when I lived in Texas (San Antonio) that were aTm fans were far more grounded in expectations than Texas fans. But then again San Antonio is just a short bus ride from Austin so I guess the opposite could be true if you lived in Houston or Dallas.

But I think aTm is probably an 8-10 win team that probably upsets one team they are supposed to and loses to another they arenít supposed to. I guess I got them beating UGA in UGAís amen corner (knocking UGA out of Atlanta) and probably losing to a team like Ole Miss or Auburn. I think they are 2 years away from being THE threat to us, but they arenít going to be an easy out for us much longer.

FWIW I got Bama vs Florida in Atlanta, and us vs Oklahoma in Atlanta.
    So you are predicting Tua vs. Jalen for the NC? As crazy as it sounds, I think its very possible.
    Last edited by deliveryman35; February 27th, 2019 at 09:50 PM.
    "Football is a hard game. These spread coaches forget that. Until good defenses remind them." Gene Stallings

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by deliveryman35 View Post
    So you are predicting Tua vs. Jalen for the NC? As crazy as it sounds, I think its very possible.
    Not exactly what I was saying since I said Bama- Oklahoma in Atlanta, but I can dig getting Clemson out of the way first round if it was possible.

#1 Alabama vs #4 Oklahoma Peach bowl
    #2 Clemson vs #3 Michigan/ Ohio St Fiesta

Somehow I believe the committee seeds us higher than Clemson.

BamaNation All-American WylieTexasTider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 81usaf92 View Post

In theory, aTm should be a perennial top 10 team with their money, facilities and location. What holds them back are boosters who think they are entitled to access and above that, influence. I agree they are 2 years away. If UT builds on this past season and knocks of OU and makes the CFP, and aTm goes 8-4 or worse, those idiot boosters will start screaming and make Jimboís life hell. I can honestly see him bail within 2-3 years IF UT becomes what they were 2006-2010.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation All-American

I'm not convinced Oklahoma makes it back to the playoffs. Think Texas might ruin it for them this season.

BamaNation All-American bamaslammer's Avatar

For the first time in a while nobody outside of the Bama nation is talking about Alabama. Sure we are not seeing the "Saban is washed up" articles just because they don't want to look foolish but there seems to be a national opinion that the beat down we suffered at the hands of Clemson was a program killing event. I do not share that opinion because I believe the loss was due to a combination of unfortunate things and a few players AND coaches who were not quite ready for the burden they were handed, and because Alabama was not manhandled physically except in places.

I am just thankful that the spotlight is gone and the new staff and players can work. Having a humble pie crammed down your face can ultimately do a lot of good if it's focused in a positive direction.
    BS 1989

BamaNation All-American

Quote Originally Posted by bamaslammer View Post
    For the first time in a while nobody outside of the Bama nation is talking about Alabama. Sure we are not seeing the "Saban is washed up" articles just because they don't want to look foolish but there seems to be a national opinion that the beat down we suffered at the hands of Clemson was a program killing event. I do not share that opinion because I believe the loss was due to a combination of unfortunate things and a few players AND coaches who were not quite ready for the burden they were handed, and because Alabama was not manhandled physically except in places.

I am just thankful that the spotlight is gone and the new staff and players can work. Having a humble pie crammed down your face can ultimately do a lot of good if it's focused in a positive direction.
    I haven't seen that many "Dynasty is dead" type articles but I've seen plenty (slightly) more subtle jabs

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Big picture:

Offense - better than last year in key situation i.e. redzone and short yardage running situations
    Defense - about the same or slightly better than last year
    ST - about the same as always

If Tua is 100% all season I think we go undefeated in the regular season. If he gets hurt or is nicked up all year like the last half of last year then we will most likely drop a game or two since we don't have a backup QB like Jalen this year..

BamaNation Second Team

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    From a HUGE (access to coaches/locker room/field) aTm booster, "they have a ways to go before they jump from a 8 win team to a 10 win team much less a team that can compete with BAMA." Continued saying "they need at least 2 more recruiting classes and years in the weight room." He expects them to lose 4 or 5 games with BAMA, @Clemson, @LSU, @UGA on the schedule.

I expect BAMA to go 11-1 / 12-0 and win the SEC West. Then, beat Florida in the SEC Champ game, get the 2 seed in the playoff behind Clemson. Destroy Michigan in Arizona and get a rematch with Clemson in NOLA. With 16 days between the semi's and champ game, we will have plenty of time to prep for them. I predict we will spend about 5 practices working on Clemson leading up to our playoff game as well and be so focused that we destroy them by 40+. We will own NOLA!
    Whoaaaaa.....
    .....I think that I just got a ďcontact-highĒ

.....and I liked it 😂

BamaNation Second Team DogPatch's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonForce View Post
    Big picture:
    Offense - better than last year in key situation i.e. redzone and short yardage running situations
    Defense - about the same or slightly better than last year
    ST - about the same as always
    I would agree, though I think the defense WILL improve this year. And, I would add the caveat for ST of pre-JK.

BamaNation Hall of Fame BamaMoon's Avatar

I look for a bigger, stronger more focused team. Nothing like lossing a game the way we did to Clemson to get CNS and this team fired up.

Talent or coaching is not the issue. It's about the 6 inches between their ears.

BamaNation First Team

I don't follow Bama like you guys, but I'd have to believe 2019 will have seen more changes than any other season under Saban. A lot of talent has departed for the NFL combined with all the staff changes make Bama a very intriguing storyline. Nevertheless, Saban has recruited at an extraordinarily high level and for such a long time that you guys never really have to rebuild - you just reload.

IMO, all roads lead through Tuscaloosa, even with all the changes. I think the top two teams will once again be Bama and Clemson. I'm hoping UGA can make it into the Playoffs this season.