What’s your outlook for the 2019 season?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I’ve found most of my friends when I lived in Texas (San Antonio) that were aTm fans were far more grounded in expectations than Texas fans. But then again San Antonio is just a short bus ride from Austin so I guess the opposite could be true if you lived in Houston or Dallas.

But I think aTm is probably an 8-10 win team that probably upsets one team they are supposed to and loses to another they aren’t supposed to. I guess I got them beating UGA in UGA’s amen corner (knocking UGA out of Atlanta) and probably losing to a team like Ole Miss or Auburn. I think they are 2 years away from being THE threat to us, but they aren’t going to be an easy out for us much longer.

FWIW I got Bama vs Florida in Atlanta, and us vs Oklahoma in Atlanta.
So you are predicting Tua vs. Jalen for the NC? As crazy as it sounds, I think its very possible.

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
So you are predicting Tua vs. Jalen for the NC? As crazy as it sounds, I think its very possible.
Not exactly what I was saying since I said Bama- Oklahoma in Atlanta, but I can dig getting Clemson out of the way first round if it was possible.

#1 Alabama vs #4 Oklahoma Peach bowl
#2 Clemson vs #3 Michigan/ Ohio St Fiesta

Somehow I believe the committee seeds us higher than Clemson.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
But I think aTm is probably an 8-10 win team that probably upsets one team they are supposed to and loses to another they aren’t supposed to. I guess I got them beating UGA in UGA’s amen corner (knocking UGA out of Atlanta) and probably losing to a team like Ole Miss or Auburn. I think they are 2 years away from being THE threat to us, but they aren’t going to be an easy out for us much longer.
In theory, aTm should be a perennial top 10 team with their money, facilities and location. What holds them back are boosters who think they are entitled to access and above that, influence. I agree they are 2 years away. If UT builds on this past season and knocks of OU and makes the CFP, and aTm goes 8-4 or worse, those idiot boosters will start screaming and make Jimbo’s life hell. I can honestly see him bail within 2-3 years IF UT becomes what they were 2006-2010.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
I'm not convinced Oklahoma makes it back to the playoffs. Think Texas might ruin it for them this season.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
For the first time in a while nobody outside of the Bama nation is talking about Alabama. Sure we are not seeing the "Saban is washed up" articles just because they don't want to look foolish but there seems to be a national opinion that the beat down we suffered at the hands of Clemson was a program killing event. I do not share that opinion because I believe the loss was due to a combination of unfortunate things and a few players AND coaches who were not quite ready for the burden they were handed, and because Alabama was not manhandled physically except in places.

I am just thankful that the spotlight is gone and the new staff and players can work. Having a humble pie crammed down your face can ultimately do a lot of good if it's focused in a positive direction.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
For the first time in a while nobody outside of the Bama nation is talking about Alabama. Sure we are not seeing the "Saban is washed up" articles just because they don't want to look foolish but there seems to be a national opinion that the beat down we suffered at the hands of Clemson was a program killing event. I do not share that opinion because I believe the loss was due to a combination of unfortunate things and a few players AND coaches who were not quite ready for the burden they were handed, and because Alabama was not manhandled physically except in places.

I am just thankful that the spotlight is gone and the new staff and players can work. Having a humble pie crammed down your face can ultimately do a lot of good if it's focused in a positive direction.
I haven't seen that many "Dynasty is dead" type articles but I've seen plenty (slightly) more subtle jabs

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Big picture:

Offense - better than last year in key situation i.e. redzone and short yardage running situations
Defense - about the same or slightly better than last year
ST - about the same as always

If Tua is 100% all season I think we go undefeated in the regular season. If he gets hurt or is nicked up all year like the last half of last year then we will most likely drop a game or two since we don't have a backup QB like Jalen this year..

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
From a HUGE (access to coaches/locker room/field) aTm booster, "they have a ways to go before they jump from a 8 win team to a 10 win team much less a team that can compete with BAMA." Continued saying "they need at least 2 more recruiting classes and years in the weight room." He expects them to lose 4 or 5 games with BAMA, @Clemson, @LSU, @UGA on the schedule.

I expect BAMA to go 11-1 / 12-0 and win the SEC West. Then, beat Florida in the SEC Champ game, get the 2 seed in the playoff behind Clemson. Destroy Michigan in Arizona and get a rematch with Clemson in NOLA. With 16 days between the semi's and champ game, we will have plenty of time to prep for them. I predict we will spend about 5 practices working on Clemson leading up to our playoff game as well and be so focused that we destroy them by 40+. We will own NOLA!
Whoaaaaa.....
.....I think that I just got a “contact-high”

.....and I liked it 😂

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
Big picture:
Offense - better than last year in key situation i.e. redzone and short yardage running situations
Defense - about the same or slightly better than last year
ST - about the same as always
I would agree, though I think the defense WILL improve this year. And, I would add the caveat for ST of pre-JK.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I look for a bigger, stronger more focused team. Nothing like lossing a game the way we did to Clemson to get CNS and this team fired up.

Talent or coaching is not the issue. It's about the 6 inches between their ears.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
I don't follow Bama like you guys, but I'd have to believe 2019 will have seen more changes than any other season under Saban. A lot of talent has departed for the NFL combined with all the staff changes make Bama a very intriguing storyline. Nevertheless, Saban has recruited at an extraordinarily high level and for such a long time that you guys never really have to rebuild - you just reload.

IMO, all roads lead through Tuscaloosa, even with all the changes. I think the top two teams will once again be Bama and Clemson. I'm hoping UGA can make it into the Playoffs this season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.