What’s your outlook for the 2019 season?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I know it’s early, but that’s what discussion boards are for. With the pathetic ooc schedule we have, I expect, even with mediocre performance, we will finish the reg season at least 11-1 with a possibility of a playoff berth. Tua will be in NY again. I think we’ll be dominate again on O but much improved on D. I think kicking and special teams may be a mixed bag.

What do you think?

DawgAlum2054

1st Team
Dec 20, 2018
Somehow Saban continues to prove he is a God among men and regardless of the coaching/staffing changes and constant carousal of 10 plus starters leaving for the NFL, Saban continues to rebuild and compete for the NC. As a UGA fan I have learned to stop getting my hopes up of Alabama taking a step backwards no matter how stacked the cards seem to be against the team.

I do have a question for members on this board that is similar to this topic in regards to the 2019 season and projections for Bama fans. Do you think that Bama actually takes a step back? the coaching and staff changes have been substantial over the last 4 years at Bama. Will it take a toll, or will Saban just keep on chugging like he has in the past year after year?

Having Tua return has to help with confidence. Having LSU at home would also help with confidence.

Hardest regular season games appear to be: LSU, Auburn and TAMU and I do believe that Bama should have the edge on talent... but will coaching changes hurt?

I will throw out a projection of 11-1 regular season

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I know it’s early, but that’s what discussion boards are for. With the pathetic ooc schedule we have, I expect, even with mediocre performance, we will finish the reg season at least 11-1 with a possibility of a playoff berth. Tua will be in NY again. I think we’ll be dominate again on O but much improved on D. I think kicking and special teams may be a mixed bag.

What do you think?
Must be my Crimson Glasses, but I see us 12-0.
I think Defense will be better, I think we will have a more balanced Offense.
AND...
Hope I don't jinx us, but I see a better kicking game.
(Is that asking too much?)
Lastly...
I'd like to see us go thru the season injury free.

HITIDE

1st Team
Jul 6, 2003
TRINITY, AL., USA
Must be my Crimson Glasses, but I see us 12-0.
I think Defense will be better, I think we will have a more balanced Offense.
AND...
Hope I don't jinx us, but I see a better kicking game.
(Is that asking too much?)
Lastly...
I'd like to see us go thru the season injury free.
I'm with you brother, I believe this staff, that understands what CNS wants, will show improvement on both sides of the ball. I also believe we'll get back to a smash mouth, balanced offense that can get the tough yards and control the clock with the running game. Red zone offense cost a NC last year and Nick don't want that to happen again.
12-0 And favored for NC.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
- 12-0
- Kicking game dramatically improves on the FG side (Seeing the Hoover recruit in person will make you a believer, but just hoping our coaches don't get into his head) , but who knows on puner
- Georgia-Florida will decide the east
- Sark runs the ball more than what most think
- Defense will be better if Lewis and Diggs don't get injured
- Tua will not win the Heisman, and will come in 3rd
- Bama wins the SECCG
- Bama is forced to play in Arizona instead of Atlanta due to Clemson being #1
- All roads lead to Bama vs Clemson in NOLA round V

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Somehow Saban continues to prove he is a God among men and regardless of the coaching/staffing changes and constant carousal of 10 plus starters leaving for the NFL, Saban continues to rebuild and compete for the NC. As a UGA fan I have learned to stop getting my hopes up of Alabama taking a step backwards no matter how stacked the cards seem to be against the team.

I do have a question for members on this board that is similar to this topic in regards to the 2019 season and projections for Bama fans. Do you think that Bama actually takes a step back? the coaching and staff changes have been substantial over the last 4 years at Bama. Will it take a toll, or will Saban just keep on chugging like he has in the past year after year?

Having Tua return has to help with confidence. Having LSU at home would also help with confidence.

Hardest regular season games appear to be: LSU, Auburn and TAMU and I do believe that Bama should have the edge on talent... but will coaching changes hurt?

With a return to fundamental physical football there's not really a team on the front end of the schedule (on paper) that Alabama can't out talent and get a win. The trick will be getting the teaching and technique to take hold by the back end when talent and technique are needed. If we take a step back it will be there most likely, or if the injury bug bites hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
The key to the 2019 season will be what it is most seasons. How healthy we stay. The defense could be better but if a couple of guys on defense suffer season ending injuries then we might have the same problems as last season. Any injury to Tua is even more critical now since we no longer have an experienced backup QB. We have a couple of tough games @TAMU and @Auburn. It's possible we could lose one of those, which might not be a disaster since a loss would eliminate complacency. I'll say an 11-1 regular season and anything beyond that depends on the injury situation. If we stay relatively healthy we could win it all. We may have to face Clemson again but at least we have revenge working for us and Clemson probably will not be as good defensively.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA

Don’t anyone tell you otherwise, the coaching changes this year are a huge upgrade on the field. Again, depth on defense will be an issue, but with this staff, I think it will be rectified , or at least a serviceable rotation, by game 7 or 8 with several true frosh contributing by that point. I feel more confident going into this season than last year. Yeah, I think they hoist the trophy at the end of the year. I also think the next 3 will be great, wont give a prognostication after that!

I believe the offense will be different next year. It will still feature a lot of passing, but more pro style than BIG12. With all those talented receivers it would be silly to not use them!

Last edited:

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Sark runs the ball more than what most think
I don't know about that. We do have some talent Running backs.... But Sark knows what Tua can do. He knows what Najee can do. I think we'll see similar concepts this fall from last year, but with few twerks.

Tua will not win the Heisman, and will come in 3rd.
I think there is some truth to it. Tua was in the lead until SEC Championship and then he lost the lead to Murray. I don't think he will finish 3rd though. I wouldn't be shocked to see Jalen, Tua and Trevor in December.

I think we will have few games where we struggle on offense and defense and can cost us a game or two. The fact we have Sark on offense doesn't sit well with me, but he will have spring, summer and fall to work on the offense, so we'll see where he is by then. Golding is a huge risk and hopefully we'll see what happens.

There are so many questions on both side of the balls that I would like to see addressed before Fall camp.

mlh

All-American
Apr 28, 2004
12-0 or 11-1 on the regular season. We'll make the NC game, again, and will be favored to win, again. I like our chances.

This, of course, is all predicated on Tua staying healthy. If so, I think he leads us to another NC and brings home the Heisman. OTOH, if he gets injured and misses a couple of key games, we could struggle. I just don't see Mac getting it done and, although they're very talented, I'd hate to have to depend on the incoming freshmen to take the helm.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
The coaching changes could be a problem in the hands of anyone except Saban, but time after time he turns them into upgrades. I think he's done it again. I see Alabama right back where it has been. Maybe not #1 n the polls from wire-to-wire, but getting there by the time of the first CFP ranking. SEC championship, probable 12-0 regular season, and back to the CFP Championship game, this time winning it.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't know about that. We do have some talent Running backs.... But Sark knows what Tua can do. He knows what Najee can do. I think we'll see similar concepts this fall from last year, but with few twerks.

I think there is some truth to it. Tua was in the lead until SEC Championship and then he lost the lead to Murray. I don't think he will finish 3rd though. I wouldn't be shocked to see Jalen, Tua and Trevor in December.

I think we will have few games where we struggle on offense and defense and can cost us a game or two. The fact we have Sark on offense doesn't sit well with me, but he will have spring, summer and fall to work on the offense, so we'll see where he is by then. Golding is a huge risk and hopefully we'll see what happens.

There are so many questions on both side of the balls that I would like to see addressed before Fall camp.
Only once in my research has a heisman runner up returned to win the heisman the next year. Tua would probably need a far better season than last year. I’m just playing the law of averages and saying he will not win it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.