Cruel Coincidence: Tornadoes Hit Near My Brother And Ex-Sister In Law An Hour Apart

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Columbus, MS, which you're all hearing about on the news, is the closest thing to a "hometown" I have, living as I did on the go as a military BRAT. That's where I stay (with friends) when I fly in for Alabama football games.

My brother is so okay that he didn't even know the town had had a tornado. He was about 12 miles north of it, and he knew it was windy but there are no warnings in the rural area and his phone doesn't always get the text right away.

Close to the same time, the town of Burnsville, MS got hit as well.....about two miles from my ex-SILs house (she's a 41-year old widow) in a town named after my ex's great grandparents (there were so many Burns's in the community way back that they called it Burnsville. Her grandmother was Vera Burns).

Family is all okay. On top of that, my parents have 60 mph winds near St Louis.

But everything is good.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Columbus, MS, which you're all hearing about on the news, is the closest thing to a "hometown" I have, living as I did on the go as a military BRAT. That's where I stay (with friends) when I fly in for Alabama football games.

My brother is so okay that he didn't even know the town had had a tornado. He was about 12 miles north of it, and he knew it was windy but there are no warnings in the rural area and his phone doesn't always get the text right away.

Close to the same time, the town of Burnsville, MS got hit as well.....about two miles from my ex-SILs house (she's a 41-year old widow) in a town named after my ex's great grandparents (there were so many Burns's in the community way back that they called it Burnsville. Her grandmother was Vera Burns).

Family is all okay. On top of that, my parents have 60 mph winds near St Louis.

But everything is good.
Glad everyone is OK.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.