SBNation PreSeason S&P+ rankings.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
Good grief. Six of the Top Ten from the SEC? Ten of the top 21? It is an amazingly tough league and we are enjoying an incredible time in college football history. If not for the various biases and human factors of the CFP committee, logic dictates that we should see a playoff soon with 3 or even 4 SEC teams. Either that or exclude the SEC from the CFP, let the other 4 Power Conferences decide on a single champion, then have another playoff between that team and the top 3 seeds from the SEC.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Interesting rankings. I like their method a little better than ESPN's earlier ranking.

My top ten is:

Alabama
Clemson
Georgia
Ohio State
Oklahoma
LSU
Michigan
Florida
Wisconsin
Notre Dame

RTR2u

Hall of Fame
Nov 30, 2013
Georgia
SEC teams get better because they have to prepare for us. Bama is good for college football.

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
The top three projected teams in each conference:

• ACC: No. 3 Clemson, No. 19 Miami, No. 28 Florida State

• SEC: No. 1 Alabama, No. 2 Georgia, No. 4 LSU

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Guys, Clemson will get a few scares this year and most likely lose a game. Anytime a NC team returns a lot of their players the media and everyone else play it up like they'll have no competition. Last time was OSU after they beat us in 2014. In 2015 they were supposed to run through everybody and be a lock for the playoffs. They played pretty poorly all year, had several close games and lost a game they never should have and missed the playoffs. On paper it doesn't look like Clemson will have any competition but trust me they will.

I do agree that the SEC is the best conference. I'm not debating that just pointing out that despite how teams look on paper Clemson will have some tough games..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.