Is the Political Left killing Disney (Captain Marvel controversy)

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I've liked Brie Larson ever since United States of Tara, and you guys aren't going to ruin that for me.
our friends' house was used as a set for the upcoming movie she is starring in "just mercy". they and their daughters got to meet her briefly when she was filming one evening. we were able to take our daughter over to see the set, but we didn't get a chance to go while they were filming.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I never really claimed they were powerful. In fact their grasp on the attention of corporations is steadily shrinking which is why the shrieking from them has grown louder. I just mentioned their tactics, which at times can get amplified & echoed by others. I don’t think they brought down Solo or Ghostbusters, I’m just saying they had already started crying about them & doing similar things before the movies released in a similar way that they’re doing Captain Marvel.
What brought down Solo and Ghostbusters is the fact the movies sucked (or so Im told). Not the political left "killing Disney."

Regarding the other SW movies- they have a target audience in mind and it's not a bunch of comi-con obsessed adult fans who didnt like the plot. It's kids like my son's age (7/8 years old) who LOVE the new ones. There is a new generation of kids buying SW merchandise, playing Battlefront on x-box, and learning about the SW saga. Furthermore, Disney is building a multi-million dollar SW "world" at Hollywood Studios in Orlando that will feature all of the movies. The crowd at that theme park when it opens this fall will be insane (much like the Toy Story world is now at the same park). So, I agree the lack of success Solo had is not proof the franchise is dead. Just proof that one movie wasn't good. I've not watched it yet but plan to do so this Friday with my family on Netflix. Since everyone said it wasn't good Ill probably love it. Im kinda quirky like that.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
What brought down Solo and Ghostbusters is the fact the movies sucked (or so Im told). Not the political left "killing Disney."

Regarding the other SW movies- they have a target audience in mind and it's not a bunch of comi-con obsessed adult fans who didnt like the plot. It's kids like my son's age (7/8 years old) who LOVE the new ones. There is a new generation of kids buying SW merchandise, playing Battlefront on x-box, and learning about the SW saga. Furthermore, Disney is building a multi-million dollar SW "world" at Hollywood Studios in Orlando that will feature all of the movies. The crowd at that theme park when it opens this fall will be insane (much like the Toy Story world is now at the same park). So, I agree the lack of success Solo had is not proof the franchise is dead. Just proof that one movie wasn't good. I've not watched it yet but plan to do so this Friday with my family on Netflix. Since everyone said it wasn't good Ill probably love it. Im kinda quirky like that.
i found solo to be enjoyable. and ghostbusters was good enough to pass the time on a long flight. surprisingly enough, i have never seen the original ghostbusters.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
i found solo to be enjoyable. and ghostbusters was good enough to pass the time on a long flight. surprisingly enough, i have never seen the original ghostbusters.
I’ll be making the ATL-Incheon jump in March. I’m sure I’ll watch a bad movie or two and the three episodes of The Big Bang Theory they give us to pass the time, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I’ll be making the ATL-Incheon jump in March. I’m sure I’ll watch a bad movie or two and the three episodes of The Big Bang Theory they give us to pass the time, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
if you're flying delta, they have a pretty wide selection these days. korean air, not so much.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007

Solo was entertaining but ultimately just ok. I went in with very low expectations. It's just a tough sell in general to have anyone else play Han although the guy did an ok job. The supporting cast was pretty decent and there were some cool action sequences.

Ghostbusters was definitely weaker than Solo. It had a few decent moments but I didn't particularly care for it overall. I think it would have done a little better if it wasn't basically ignoring the other movies and instead operated in the same timeline. I also didn't really care for the look of the ghosts either.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.