Is the Political Left killing Disney (Captain Marvel controversy)

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
To me, the whole comic book film industry has run its' course.
Too many SpiderMan reboots. Too many lower-tier superhero movies.
The last one I was ever interested in was the final Batman/Christian Bale film.
Time to give it a rest for a while. It's all explosions and CGI, rehashed over and over.
The SpiderMan franchise absolutely cratered with SP3 and the Andrew Garfield movies, but has bounced back nicely with both Peter Parker and Miles Morales (Seriously, Into the Spider-Verse is freaking incredible).

If you factor out the DC movies (except for Wonder Woman), things are not nearly so worn out. But the combo of all the Marvel Movies, plus all the DC movies, PLUS Star Wars, PLUS Harry Potter...you just can't catch your breath between franchise installments anymore.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's all explosions and CGI, rehashed over and over.
Yah, my chirruns tell me whether or not I'll be interested in renting a Marvel film now based largely on how much CGI is used. I forget which movie it was, but one of them seemed to CG about 90% of the backgrounds. They're better than they were in the Star Wars prequels, but still obviously CGI (which I find it distracting).

I'll probably rent the new Avengers movie, but I'm over the comic book movies at this point - just too much fluff.

*shakes fist at cloud*

Its On A Slab

All-SEC
Apr 18, 2018
Pyongyang, Democratic Republic of Korea
Yah, my chirruns tell me whether or not I'll be interested in renting a Marvel film now based largely on how much CGI is used. I forget which movie it was, but one of them seemed to CG about 90% of the backgrounds. They're better than they were in the Star Wars prequels, but still obviously CGI (which I find it distracting).

I'll probably rent the new Avengers movie, but I'm over the comic book movies at this point - just too much fluff.

*shakes fist at cloud*
I grew tired of the constant explosions and mayhem in the last Dark Knight film.

I think that playing to that crowd distracts from a great story.

Too much Michael Bey effect.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

*shakes fist at cloud*
Marvel has come a long way. When I was a kid, I had a glow in the dark picture of Captain Marvel, which I hung on my bedroom door knob. It would glow all night because the paint was radium-based, didn't need to have daylight to activate it. I would rub it off on my index fingertip to make it glow too... :D

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Marvel has come a long way. When I was a kid, I had a glow in the dark picture of Captain Marvel, which I hung on my bedroom door knob. It would glow all night because the paint was radium-based, didn't need to have daylight to activate it. I would rub it off on my index fingertip to make it glow too... :D
Was this the original DC Captain Marvel which was a man and a thing that apparently is a big deal to some comic book nerds?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Was this the original DC Captain Marvel which was a man and a thing that apparently is a big deal to some comic book nerds?
Shazam is DC’s Captain Marvel and was roughly around 30 years before Captain Marvel (Marvel). DC has a habit of coming up with a name and then selling it to others for big bucks. The most notable is The Terminator. Yes DC owned the name Terminator and sold it to Orion pictures once the Arnold Terminator became a big thing.

I’ve personally preferred Shazam better because there was no reason to have the Captain title.

But like I said earlier Marvel has failed miserably trying to get folks interested in her. If you poll most “nerds” about what is the most important thing in her comic book history they would probably say “ Rogue got her flying powers by absorbing her powers and nearly killed her in the process”. She is a very forgettable character and I think the MCU and Fiege are just banking on an Ant man like interest (an audience that has no idea who she is but wants to see what happens next) coming so he can set up Phase 4.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Shazam is DC’s Captain Marvel and was roughly around 30 years before Captain Marvel (Marvel). DC has a habit of coming up with a name and then selling it to others for big bucks. The most notable is The Terminator. Yes DC owned the name Terminator and sold it to Orion pictures once the Arnold Terminator became a big thing.

I’ve personally preferred Shazam better because there was no reason to have the Captain title.

But like I said earlier Marvel has failed miserably trying to get folks interested in her. If you poll most “nerds” about what is the most important thing in her comic book history they would probably say “ Rogue got her flying powers by absorbing her powers and nearly killed her in the process”. She is a very forgettable character and I think the MCU and Fiege are just banking on an Ant man like interest (an audience that has no idea who she is but wants to see what happens next) coming so he can set up Phase 4.
the guy who originally played shazam on the tv show went to bama. he visited my kindergarten class at calvary baptist and lifted a tricycle over his head. i also met him at a frat party on one of the football weekends when i was either a freshman or sophomore.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.