Game Thread: Alabama @ USCe (6 pm tip on ESPN2)

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Good win for the good guys. I liked how they stayed the course when USCe made their last push. One game at a time. Hoping they can pull of a strong win against LSU. Will give us better standing going in. I hoping for at least 2 of the last three as wins, would love them all tho.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Reese didn't play but seemed to be engaged which may be a good sign. Smith had a few minutes but mainly due to foul trouble with Giddens and Hall. Don't know what any of that means...
It looks like we are down to a 8 man rotation if no foul trouble. Smith, Resse and Junior on the outside looking in at this time and I like it. I think the report practice times were being reduced is a sign we are moving to the tighter rotation moving forward.

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
Has anyone heard anything on Dazon's injury? I'm hoping it was just a thigh bruise that can get treated and heal up by Saturday. If he's unable to go, I think that means we'll have to see Junior back on the floor as we'll need a little depth at guard.

It's nice to see Giddens being effective off the bench to give Donta a break here and there, and if anything eat up some fouls (which we all know he is definitely good at doing, ha). Also he is showing signs of being enough of an offensive threat that opposing teams will have to pay attention to him which will keep them from overplaying our shooters. Seems like Gailen is still nursing the concussion but he did give us a few minutes last night when Giddens and Hall were both out with a few first half fouls.

Also, seeing Petty be the effort giver while almost not even taking 3's is a really enjoyable sight. He is a great rebounder and can also attack the rim and finish. Good to see him look like he's enjoying playing again after the stretch early on last year when he was sitting out/struggling with whether or not he wanted to be there. I think the expectations from him were a little overstated, but he can definitely be a top player in the league if he keeps on this trend.

gman4tide

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2005
Flint Creek
maybe possibly, the team chemistry is/was/will be better without the daddy ball appearance? Could have been the problem during the 3 game skid? Players were to end of rope tired of it and were contempt to just let the season play out (resigned to no change). With the change comes new energy.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I sure did not expect this win; but I will take it. Nice to see some defense and energy and certain players spending more time on the bench.

Sorry, still can get too excited about the probability of winning the next few games.
Seeing how we beat ranked UK, MSU and OM at home and hung with UT on the road, no reason we can't beat LSU and AU at Coleman. Do that, and a good chance they are playing at Arky for the #4 seed in the SEC tourney and a double bye. Had Avery gone to the smaller rotation sooner, I got to believe we would have a couple more SEC wins and be sitting at 10-5 in conference and looking at a 7/8 seed with potential to jump to a 5 or 6.

If Petty gets hot and Hall plays possessed, this team can win a couple in the Dance. They can also fall flat finishing 0-3 and miss the dance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.