Game Thread: Alabama @ USCe (6 pm tip on ESPN2) - Page 8
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Re: Alabama @ USCe (6 pm tip on ESPN2)

Cats almost beaten by Arky and now Whisky - Indiana headed to 2OT on ESPN......wow!

BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

I liked how we consistently pushed the ball up the floor. Also thought John Petty played a heck of an overall game. Dude played D and got on the boards. Herb hit a jumper to tie game at 56. I don't know how Riley Norris got a couple of those shots to go down Donta and Kira played like you'd expect. Just a nice win. Roll Tide..

BamaNation All-American WylieTexasTider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RTR91 View Post
    This probably violates the player bashing rule, so a fellow mod can delete if so. I had to share because it made me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Here is to hoping we’ve seen the end of AJ Jr being on the court in a BAMA uniform! Or, at least we don’t see him unless we are up 30 with a minute to play. Got to be hard for Avery to bench his son but, he is not a very good player. If they stay out of foul trouble, this new primarily 8 man rotation has a shot to win out the next 3 and win a couple in the SEC tourney. Do that and a 8-10 seed. I can see this team winning a game or two in the dance, especially if Petty gets hot.
    "What happened yesterday is history. What happens tomorrow is a mystery. What we do today makes a difference - the precious present moment."-Nick Saban

BamaNation First Team bvandegraff's Avatar

Quality win. Much better energy and composure through the whole game and good execution late, esp in-bounds passes and FTs. Props to CAJ for some good adjustments to the lineup and practice schedule. Let's hope this builds confidence down the stretch and leads to a massive beatdown of the Barn at Coleman. A late-season run would do wonders to cool down Avery's seat.

Quote Originally Posted by WylieTexasTider View Post
    Here is to hoping we’ve seen the end of AJ Jr being on the court in a BAMA uniform! Or, at least we don’t see him unless we are up 30 with a minute to play. Got to be hard for Avery to bench his son but, he is not a very good player. If they stay out of foul trouble, this new primarily 8 man rotation has a shot to win out the next 3 and win a couple in the SEC tourney. Do that and a 8-10 seed. I can see this team winning a game or two in the dance, especially if Petty gets hot.
    On my way home last night, I heard the post game show. Chris Stewart referenced the smaller rotation, so Avery started talking about how it's been good thus far. He kind of went out of his way to mention Avery Jr. isn't a part of that rotation. Was surprising to hear really.
    "I don't know what class is but I can tell when one has it, you can tell from a mile away"
    -- Coach Bryant

"We always talk about playing 60 minutes but this is a 60-10 game: the 60 minutes of the game and the 10 minutes in the locker room after the game that you remember for the rest of your life."
    -- Nick Saban day after beating Clemson

I sure did not expect this win; but I will take it. Nice to see some defense and energy and certain players spending more time on the bench.

Sorry, still can get too excited about the probability of winning the next few games.
    "May the Tide Be with You"

BamaNation Hall of Fame JBama_in_PCOLA's Avatar
    Andalusia, Alabama via Pensacola, Florida United States

Great win last night!

BamaNation Hall of Fame CrimsonForce's Avatar

Really weird situation with AJJ not playing the last few games. It's probably for the best but still a strange dynamic. I felt like the team played with better energy and focus for the most part. We just have to learn to play a full game considering the final 3 opponents we have..

BamaNation First Team OakMtn4Bama's Avatar

Got to see some of the first half. Seemed like we were playing with good effort which was a nice change of pace. It paid off.

BamaNation All-SEC

Good win for the good guys. I liked how they stayed the course when USCe made their last push. One game at a time. Hoping they can pull of a strong win against LSU. Will give us better standing going in. I hoping for at least 2 of the last three as wins, would love them all tho.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by day-day View Post
    Reese didn't play but seemed to be engaged which may be a good sign. Smith had a few minutes but mainly due to foul trouble with Giddens and Hall. Don't know what any of that means...
    It looks like we are down to a 8 man rotation if no foul trouble. Smith, Resse and Junior on the outside looking in at this time and I like it. I think the report practice times were being reduced is a sign we are moving to the tighter rotation moving forward.

BamaNation First Team RammaJamma10's Avatar

Has anyone heard anything on Dazon's injury? I'm hoping it was just a thigh bruise that can get treated and heal up by Saturday. If he's unable to go, I think that means we'll have to see Junior back on the floor as we'll need a little depth at guard.

It's nice to see Giddens being effective off the bench to give Donta a break here and there, and if anything eat up some fouls (which we all know he is definitely good at doing, ha). Also he is showing signs of being enough of an offensive threat that opposing teams will have to pay attention to him which will keep them from overplaying our shooters. Seems like Gailen is still nursing the concussion but he did give us a few minutes last night when Giddens and Hall were both out with a few first half fouls.

Also, seeing Petty be the effort giver while almost not even taking 3's is a really enjoyable sight. He is a great rebounder and can also attack the rim and finish. Good to see him look like he's enjoying playing again after the stretch early on last year when he was sitting out/struggling with whether or not he wanted to be there. I think the expectations from him were a little overstated, but he can definitely be a top player in the league if he keeps on this trend.

maybe possibly, the team chemistry is/was/will be better without the daddy ball appearance? Could have been the problem during the 3 game skid? Players were to end of rope tired of it and were contempt to just let the season play out (resigned to no change). With the change comes new energy.