Game Thread: Alabama @ USCe (6 pm tip on ESPN2)

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
A Gene Stallings special - artistically ugly and turned by a defensive play. We coulda folded down 56-52 and I expected it, but we gutted it out.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This probably violates the player bashing rule, so a fellow mod can delete if so. I had to share because it made me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ReturnToGlory

All-American
Nov 22, 2006
Blakely, Georgia
I liked how we consistently pushed the ball up the floor. Also thought John Petty played a heck of an overall game. Dude played D and got on the boards. Herb hit a jumper to tie game at 56. I don't know how Riley Norris got a couple of those shots to go down Donta and Kira played like you'd expect. Just a nice win. Roll Tide..

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
This probably violates the player bashing rule, so a fellow mod can delete if so. I had to share because it made me laugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Here is to hoping we’ve seen the end of AJ Jr being on the court in a BAMA uniform! Or, at least we don’t see him unless we are up 30 with a minute to play. Got to be hard for Avery to bench his son but, he is not a very good player. If they stay out of foul trouble, this new primarily 8 man rotation has a shot to win out the next 3 and win a couple in the SEC tourney. Do that and a 8-10 seed. I can see this team winning a game or two in the dance, especially if Petty gets hot.

bvandegraff

All-American
Mar 13, 2014
Albuquerque, NM
Quality win. Much better energy and composure through the whole game and good execution late, esp in-bounds passes and FTs. Props to CAJ for some good adjustments to the lineup and practice schedule. Let's hope this builds confidence down the stretch and leads to a massive beatdown of the Barn at Coleman. A late-season run would do wonders to cool down Avery's seat.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Here is to hoping we’ve seen the end of AJ Jr being on the court in a BAMA uniform! Or, at least we don’t see him unless we are up 30 with a minute to play. Got to be hard for Avery to bench his son but, he is not a very good player. If they stay out of foul trouble, this new primarily 8 man rotation has a shot to win out the next 3 and win a couple in the SEC tourney. Do that and a 8-10 seed. I can see this team winning a game or two in the dance, especially if Petty gets hot.
On my way home last night, I heard the post game show. Chris Stewart referenced the smaller rotation, so Avery started talking about how it's been good thus far. He kind of went out of his way to mention Avery Jr. isn't a part of that rotation. Was surprising to hear really.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
I sure did not expect this win; but I will take it. Nice to see some defense and energy and certain players spending more time on the bench.

Sorry, still can get too excited about the probability of winning the next few games.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Really weird situation with AJJ not playing the last few games. It's probably for the best but still a strange dynamic. I felt like the team played with better energy and focus for the most part. We just have to learn to play a full game considering the final 3 opponents we have..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.