What % do you think obesity contributes to the health problems in our country? - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 256789101112
    BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

Re: What % do you think obesity contributes to the health problems in our country?

Quote Originally Posted by crimsonaudio View Post
    My wife's a die-hard Hoka fan. I was a Saucony guy but recently switched to Brooks Adrenalines and really like them, especially the wide toe-box, which is a blessing when rucking long miles.

I don't necessarily think there's any collusion going on, but it's interesting that all these shoes price about the same ($130-150 price range)...
    This is the shoe I am currently looking at. I am liking what I see so far.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Re: What % do you think obesity contributes to the health problems in our country?

Quote Originally Posted by GrayTide View Post
    This is the shoe I am currently looking at. I am liking what I see so far.
    I wear each pair out in about 2-3 months (350-500 miles), but man, they are comfy. I buy an extra pair as daily wear shoes then rotate them into rucking shoes when my last pair wears out.
    Oderint dum metuant - Lucius Accius

BamaNation Hall of Fame GrayTide's Avatar

I wear each pair out in about 2-3 months (350-500 miles), but man, they are comfy. I buy an extra pair as daily wear shoes then rotate them into rucking shoes when my last pair wears out.
    I normally walk 10-15 miles per week, so I think I would probably get at least a year plus out of the Adrenalines.
    "My momma always said you got to put the past behind you before you can move on." Forrest Gump

"The past is never dead. It's not even past." William Faulkner

Quote Originally Posted by 92tide View Post
    so i have finally gotten back to mountain biking regularly in 2019 which has been great. it had been almost 20 years since i was riding regularly. i have been averaging about 3 rides per week since march (several miles of nice single track 10 minutes from either work or house.)

my wife gave me the go ahead to buy a new bike this fall. i am currently riding my old ('94) hardtail with a re-furbed front suspension and it's still holding up ok. a lot has changed since i stopped riding and i am psyched about getting a new bike and am finally going to give in and get a dual-suspension rig. currently looking at the below

i lucked out and found a brand new, never ridden one of these on ebay this week for a significant amount below it's sales price. it arrives next tuesday. interestingly enough, this is the first time i have ever used ebay.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

i lucked out and found a brand new, never ridden one of these on ebay this week for a significant amount below it's sales price. it arrives next tuesday. interestingly enough, this is the first time i have ever used ebay.
    Nice find!

I've not priced real road bikes in a number of years, but I recall being astonished at the cost of a 'middle of the road' real bike a while back. You can drop some serious coin in a hurry on those things!

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

Nice find!

I've not priced real road bikes in a number of years, but I recall being astonished at the cost of a 'middle of the road' real bike a while back. You can drop some serious coin in a hurry on those things!
    I have a couple of buddies who are big into mountain biking and spare little expense on their hobby. Ed told me one time that his great fear is that when he dies his wife will sell his bike for what he told her he paid for it.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    I have a couple of buddies who are big into mountain biking and spare little expense on their hobby. Ed told me one time that his great fear is that when he dies his wife will sell his bike for what he told her he paid for it.
    I have lots of friends who say the same about their guitars, hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhisattva View Post
    you can quickly get to $10k + on mountain bikes when you start getting into carbon fiber and titanium and the higher end components.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they donít have to worry about the answers.

ó Thomas Pynchon

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

I have lots of friends who say the same about their guitars, hahaha
    I’m one of those guys.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Bodhisattva's Avatar

you can quickly get to $10k + on mountain bikes when you start getting into carbon fiber and titanium and the higher end components.
    I don't doubt it. These guys have some nice toys .... and the injuries to go along with them. After a second collarbone break, I asked Ed if he realized that he was spending a small fortune just to get injured. I added that for half price, I would club him about the head and torso.
    Bodhi

Lily (age 6): Daddy, I know what I want to be when I grow up: an artist.
    Bodhi (internally groaning): Yeah? What kind of artist?
    Lily: A balloon animal artist!
    Bodhi (face palm)