What % do you think obesity contributes to the health problems in our country? - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Re: What % do you think obesity contributes to the health problems in our country?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamabuzzard View Post
    Good morning guys and gals, just giving an update on the weight loss. I'm still down roughly about 68 lbs. I am still incorporating the 16 fast everyday. Been doing it since New Year's Eve 2018. It's become apart of my everyday routine and "how I eat". I've got about 15-20 lbs to lose then I will begin "maintenance" phase and stop trying to lose weight. I plateaued a bit this summer due to kids being out of school and going and doing things they like to do during the summer. So I backed off on the exercise a bit and enjoyed a few chocolate dipped ice cream cones from Dairy Queen every once in a while. Good thing is, I haven't gained one pound back that I lost. But now that summer is coming to a close, I've gotten back into my regular workout routine and brought the ice cream DQ trips with the kids to an end. I've been back on my weights and workout routine for two weeks now and sure did miss it. Man it makes me feel so much better.

I hope everyone is still continuing down their road to a healthier lifestyle. Don't quit, keep plugging and let us know how and what you're doing. Good luck to all!
    I've been trying a different route. Five days out of seven, I have a salad for lunch. It's mostly just trying to balance my diet of meat, bread and cheese somewhat. However, it has subtracted around ten pounds. I've always read that the slower you take weight off, the longer it stays off. This is a permanent diet change, not a short-term diet...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

FB|BB Moderator

Re: What % do you think obesity contributes to the health problems in our country?

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I've been trying a different route. Five days out of seven, I have a salad for lunch. It's mostly just trying to balance my diet of meat, bread and cheese somewhat. However, it has subtracted around ten pounds. I've always read that the slower you take weight off, the longer it stays off. This is a permanent diet change, not a short-term diet...
    Nice progress with a relatively minor change!

Just curious.... how long have you been doing it?
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

Where ever there's BBQ, Crawfish & Football

How I'm currently eating is definitely a permanent change and one that I can easily sustain. Good luck!
    The existence of God isn't determined in the thoughts of man. God exists, no matter what man thinks.

"It cost a lot of money to look this cheap."-Dolly Parton.

"If you ever want to know how good your barbecue is start charging for it"-Myron Mixon

Quote Originally Posted by 4Q Basket Case View Post
    Nice progress with a relatively minor change!

Just curious.... how long have you been doing it?
    I'd say a couple of months. As I said the weight loss is just a byproduct. My diet needed modifying. Morning is coffee and usually a slice of my homemade bread, with butter and jelly or honey. Lunch is salad and dinner is normal, though I doubt we eat as much as some people then. An example below is what happens why I doze off while my loaf is rising...

Name:  20190721_081908[1].jpg
Views: 0
Size:  105.1 KB
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is. Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Right now, I've had my #1 tooth go sensitive and I have a morning appt with the dentist.
    I suspect it needs a root canal, so I'll have to tell my dentist I don't trust her to do it and will go back to my endodontist...

Super Moderator NationalTitles17's Avatar

Right now, I've had my #1 tooth go sensitive and I have a morning appt with the dentist.
    I suspect it needs a root canal, so I'll have to tell my dentist I don't trust her to do it and will go back to my endodontist...
    Same here with either #11 or 12 (can't quite tell). They called today with the opening.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

Quote Originally Posted by NationalTitles17 View Post
    Same here with either #11 or 12 (can't quite tell). They called today with the opening.
    I got put off from 10:00 and 11:00, because our dentist is recovering from breast cancer and had to see her own reconstruction surgeon. It'll probably be a root canal and I'm going to insist on going to my endodontist, which she's not going to like. I want someone who does that only all day long...

Root canal. Turned out to be #13.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

The TideFan formerly known as NationalTitles16, NationalTitles15, NationalTitles14, NationalTitles13, and NationalTitles12.

BamaNation Hall of Fame Go Bama's Avatar

I got put off from 10:00 and 11:00, because our dentist is recovering from breast cancer and had to see her own reconstruction surgeon. It'll probably be a root canal and I'm going to insist on going to my endodontist, which she's not going to like. I want someone who does that only all day long...
    No general dentist wants to try to instrument tooth #1. It’s too hard to get the files, irrigants, etc in and out of the tooth. She’ll be relieved you want to go elsewhere or she’ll recommend extraction.

Root canal. Turned out to be #13.
    Piece of cake.

Quote Originally Posted by Go Bama View Post
    Piece of cake.
    Probably what started this whole thing.
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

P.S. But he had to drill through a crown to do it. Changes the entire dynamic, huh?
    Roll Tide Roll!!!

P.S. But he had to drill through a crown to do it. Changes the entire dynamic, huh?
    No big deal unless it’s got an unusual anatomy like a curved root or multiple canals. I love doing RCT’s on 13. 12 and 14 are both multiple canals.