Firefighters Set Up A Ladder To Help Raccoons Escape Warehouse Fire
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Firefighters Set Up A Ladder To Help Raccoons Escape Warehouse Fire

https://www.sunnyskyz.com/good-news/...Warehouse-Fire

Firefighters in Indiana helped two raccoons safely escape a warehouse fire and it was all captured on video.

The South Bend Fire Department was busy putting out a large warehouse fire when they noticed two raccoons trapped on top of the building.
    A couple of quick-thinking firefighters set up a ladder in hopes that the raccoons would use them to escape.
    Paul Bierwagen captured footage of the raccoons climbing down the ladder to safety as people cheered in the background.

"Old dog - new tricks"

Re: Firefighters Set Up A Ladder To Help Raccoons Escape Warehouse Fire

I'm afraid I wouldn't pee on one if it were on fire. I've had too much grief from them...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Are we sure they weren't smoking and caused it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bamaro View Post
    Are we sure they weren't smoking and caused it?
    Smoking meth...
    "The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. - Ellen Parr"

'If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?' - Steve Jobs

“I would rather live my life as if there is a god and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't and die to find out there is.” Albert Camus

"When Fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

BamaNation Hall of Fame CajunCrimson's Avatar

Doc Holliday: [to Johnny Ringo, after shooting him in a duel] You're no daisy! You're no daisy at all. Poor soul, you were just too high strung

Quote Originally Posted by TIDE-HSV View Post
    I'm afraid I wouldn't pee on one if it were on fire. I've had too much grief from them...
    Could easily say the same thing about humans, in general. Give me a raccoon any day......
    "Old dog - new tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Could easily say the same thing about humans, in general. Give me a raccoon any day......
    Maybe it's because I sleep under one of their pee stains...

Maybe it's because I sleep under one of their pee stains...
    Don't we all?
    "Old dog - new tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by Bazza View Post
    Don't we all?
    Um, I seriously doubt it...

BamaNation All-American crimson fan man's Avatar

Have to agree I don't like them. I have battled them twice where we live now. They can be bad news.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson fan man View Post
    Have to agree I don't like them. I have battled them twice where we live now. They can be bad news.
    Humans....or raccoons?
    "Old dog - new tricks"

Quote Originally Posted by crimson fan man View Post
    They caused so much damage that, for a while, I was trapping and killing them on a regular basis. The ones we have now aren't, at least so far. They hang out here because they like our 3 acres of woods and leave every night to go eat from neighbors' garbage cans. (Our lids are bungeed down.) Then, they return. So long as they do that, I don't bother them. These have gotten smart enough that they don't drag the bags out of the cans any more, just climb in. One friend was convinced they weren't eating his garbage any more, until he looked in his can...
    Last edited by TIDE-HSV; August 14th, 2019 at 10:27 PM. Reason: typo...

and now we've taught the vandals how to use ladders.
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.

- George Orwell

If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don’t have to worry about the answers.

— Thomas Pynchon