We are champions. We can prove it! *counting 15 championships*

BamaNation Hall of Fame uafan4life's Avatar

Re: Rush Propst Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by JustNeedMe81 View Post
    Uh oh.... rumors is that he supplied peds

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    If true... Daaaaaaang.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    I have yet to figure out why common sense and common courtesy are called common.
    - Unknown

Tradition is always under construction.
    - Nick Saban

FB|BB Moderator

I don’t know what Propst did to get suspended. But nothing short of felony physical violence against a man who could handle him would surprise me.

He doesn’t think any rules / laws of any description apply to him.

Quote Originally Posted by gman4tide View Post
    And moot over mute.
    Hey, two out of three ain't bad....

Colquitt fires Propst last night. No information on what “personal issues” got him canned.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.al....outputType=amp

Publisher, TideFans.com &
    Benevolent Dictator

More details out: https://www.moultrieobserver.com/new...b1c7e343d.html

Quote Originally Posted by moultrieobserver.com
    • Providing pills “on more than one occasion” to students. None of the documents identifies the type of medication,...
    Quote Originally Posted by moultrieobserver.com
    • Owing $301,317 in federal income taxes and $143,000 in delinquent state taxes.
    • Interfering in the hiring of Jamie Dixon as the Colquitt County High School principal.
    • Insubordination.
    • Attempting to charge $143.66 for a personal hotel stay to the school system.
    • Interfering with another sport.
    • Problems associated with the 2018 football team and especially conduct at the end of the championship game loss to Milton.
    Last edited by BamaNation; March 15th, 2019 at 07:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=FranklinITCProLight]
    Thanks.

In other words, Rush being Rush....

BamaNation All-American Tide Rev's Avatar

I only hope that this coach will seek help and forgiveness for what he has done. He should not be allowed to coach or be around athletes again after his record of wrongdoing at Hoover and Colquitt County. It is a sad situation only the Lord can solve.

The amazing thing is he lasted 11 years.
    12 years of beating Tennessee...sweet

Quote Originally Posted by Tide Rev View Post
    I only hope that this coach will seek help and forgiveness for what he has done. He should not be allowed to coach or be around athletes again after his record of wrongdoing at Hoover and Colquitt County. It is a sad situation only the Lord can solve.
    Having been around the guy a significant amount, one can always hope but I think it is unlikely at this point. His behavior has been narcissistic for years but now it is pushing sociopathic if he isn’t already there.

Look at this report- every teacher knows you can’t give a student any medication (unless under the guidance of a care plan established by physician/healthcare provider) even OTC meds. Back taxes, insubordination..it goes on and on. All have an underlying theme-“the rules don’t apply to me. They are there for others.”

Really good football coach. Really terrible human being.

FB|BB Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BamaNation View Post

[COLOR=#444444][FONT=FranklinITCProLight]
    Highly interesting article. A couple of observations:

Doesn't seem that he provided PEDs, at least not PEDs in the traditional sense. Based on the descriptions -- injured players taking a pill at halftime, and looking "dazed and lethargic" afterward, or injured players getting pills during the week -- it sounds more like painkillers. Which, depending on the nature of the painkiller, could be as bad as, or worse than, steroids and the like. Also could have caused the player to exacerbate an injury by playing when he shouldn't have.

I don't know what Propst gave them. I do know that Aleve doesn't make you dazed and lethargic, but opioids do.

Most of the rest of the stuff seemed classic narcissism and the feeling that other posters have noted about the rules being for the little people -- inserting himself into the process of hiring his boss, stiffing local businesses on bills, blaming others for losses, insisting on taking the team to a local motel on the night before a game (wth? in high school?), etc., etc. Then the threatening behavior when any of that is being taken away.

I was most surprised, however, at the amount of the unpaid taxes -- a total of almost $450K. Depending, depending, depending, it would take between $1.0 and $1.5 million in taxable income to gin a bill that high. My real question here is how many years does that represent?

The article says the issues go back to 2010, which not counting 2018 taxes that technically aren't due yet, would be 8 years. So I'm wondering if he never paid a dime in taxes? Don't see how that could happen, as he would have had taxes withheld by the Colquitt County School System. So did he file returns with fabricated deductions in order to get a full refund of everything he paid? If so, he has a dual problem -- filed false returns, and owes back taxes.

Did he have outside income that he never reported? Possible, with coaching clinics, consulting and such. But $1.0 - $1.5 million worth -- $125K to $175K a year for 8 straight years? Seems like a lot at the high school level, even the elite high school level.

And anyway, the IRS doesn't normally sit on their hands for a bill that size. How have they not taken truly draconian measures, what with both of Propst's middle fingers waving in their faces?

I can't make sense of any of it. I have a feeling there will be a most interesting ending here.
    Last edited by 4Q Basket Case; March 16th, 2019 at 10:25 AM.
    You can't reason a man out of a position he didn't reason himself into.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TiderJack's Avatar

A tiger does not change his stripes. The guy has been and always will be a dirtbag.

BamaNation Second Team

Is Propst the real-life Bud Kilmer?