News Article: Rush Propst Suspended

T Bone

1st Team
there is much more to this than meets the sniff test............this walks like a duck, sounds like a duck........but methinks it honks like a goose.....i am betting much has been covered to save many jobs at this school and county.........just a hunch on my part.......many behinds being covered.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
there is much more to this than meets the sniff test............this walks like a duck, sounds like a duck........but methinks it honks like a goose.....i am betting much has been covered to save many jobs at this school and county.........just a hunch on my part.......many behinds being covered.
There is no doubt people turned on Rush to save their own backside at CC. The same happened at Hoover, where Rush was enabled to get away with what he got away with. It's a shame too because I really think Rush was a great coach, but as has been said in this thread, Bud Kilmer was dead to rights a perfect actor/story about Rush. Great coach but a big headcase.

spock*

Suspended
Dec 27, 2006
Woodstock, GA
In Alabama, it is my understanding that a booster club can be used to supplement an extracurricular program's ability to pay for uniforms, supplies, trips, etc., and it is technically not considered to be money that belongs to the school or school system. I think for tax purposes, it is an entity outside of the school system, and thus, wouldn't be subject to Title IX rules. I could be totally wrong, but that's my understanding. I'd imagine Hoover High School football, or Colquitt County HS football, would have an impressive funding ability on the booster side of things.
In Georgia, the booster club pays coaches

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
In Georgia, the booster club pays coaches
And Georgia already (on average) is paying high school head football coaches more that most high schools in the southeast. Rush was making $130k/yr as head football coach only (no classroom responsibilities) as reported through Colquitt. No telling what other “supplement” and fringe benefits from other area interests. Could be some of that didn’t get “reported” as income over the years? Possibly.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
There is no doubt people turned on Rush to save their own backside at CC. The same happened at Hoover, where Rush was enabled to get away with what he got away with. It's a shame too because I really think Rush was a great coach, but as has been said in this thread, Bud Kilmer was dead to rights a perfect actor/story about Rush. Great coach but a big headcase.
Living in Hoover at the time, I don’t think there were all that many that turned on Rush. Matter of fact, there were those on the City Council and School Board willing to continue to turn a blind eye towards him in order to keep him. I won’t give the exact quote (rather untoward-it is a family board) but one School Board member stated basically “he didn’t care what Rush did as long as he won football games”. Much of the stuff at Colquitt was a mere extension of his behavior while at Hoover. Rush knew if he didn’t step down the were “other things” (beyond the much documented affair/multiple families thing) that even the political connections on the Board/Council wouldn’t be able to save him from.
Certainly there were some at Hoover that distanced themselves from him. But the majority of Rush’s wounds at Hoover were self inflicted.

Last edited:

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I don’t get the hotel thing. It said they got them rooms the night before home games. I looked up their schedule and their games were all on Fridays. What is the point of going to a hotel on Thursday night if they are just getting to go to school the next morning?

And the hotel stopped it because of problems the players caused. It must have been bad for a hotel to end a steady flow of cash from all those blocks of rooms every week.

I also don’t get the booster club being OK with this. Unless this is the Mountain Brook of Georgia, I don’t see how they afforded it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
College programs do this all the time. CRP was trying to run his program like a college program...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.