Where Things Stand in the SEC

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I have said all year that if we go 19-12 we are a lock with our OOC SoS, and the SEC's rpi. I think that at 18-13 we still have a really good shot, but that will depend on how things shake out in some of the lesser leagues or if someone outside of the bubble gets hot and wins a conference tournament. I think that if we lose these next three we are NIT bound.

Rtr

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I think the game we most likely will not win is aubarn. We don't match up well with them and we can't keep up if the game gets into the +70 scoring range as we just don't shoot well enough - especially 3's or FT's. We lost by 21 at their place and I don't think playing at Coleman makes up that much of a difference. I wouldn't mind being totally off base here but I just don't see us winning.
The Barn can beat anybody if they are hot with as many 3's as they take, however, they are not hot on the road recently (scored 64 and 53 pts in their last two road games) and are 3-6 on the road. In our place and real loud I don't see them being hot and if that is the case we will win handily. I think we actually match-up with them and with our style this year we can hang with them in the 70 pt range since we are averaging over 73 pts/game.

gamersfuel

All-American
Jan 20, 2008
Auburn/near a cow pasture
not sure why anyone would have no confidence in winning at home vs AU they have won 1 game in Tuscaloosa since a long, long time ago. i'd say that makes a huge difference. along with the SEC tourney win from last season.

I think the game we most likely will not win is aubarn. We don't match up well with them and we can't keep up if the game gets into the +70 scoring range as we just don't shoot well enough - especially 3's or FT's. We lost by 21 at their place and I don't think playing at Coleman makes up that much of a difference. I wouldn't mind being totally off base here but I just don't see us winning.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
These SEC games are providing some real entertainment.

I don't know if any game is predictable at this point, despite the NET ratings and all.

The competition every night is legit! :eek:

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
Good Grief! That last possession from UGA was a disaster! What was Crean doing? It was clear that they had nothing open at about 9 seconds, and Crean had a TO. I’m all for not letting the defense get set, but geez they had NOTHING going. I complain about our end of half possessions, but that may have been the worst that I have ever seen from any college coach ever.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Good Grief! That last possession from UGA was a disaster! What was Crean doing? It was clear that they had nothing open at about 9 seconds, and Crean had a TO. I’m all for not letting the defense get set, but geez they had NOTHING going. I complain about our end of half possessions, but that may have been the worst that I have ever seen from any college coach ever.

I imagine they'll be better next year. They've shown flashes the last few weeks. Hard to overcome their bad guard play.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Maybe I have a warped mind, but I think it would be funny if Vandy goes 0-18 and UGA is 1-17. (Nothing personal against either team).

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.