Alabama Players Who Added and Dropped weight for Spring

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Ben Davis at 258 indicates he's moving to OLB if he's going to remain on the roster.

Glad to see Barmore get to 310 and Mathis up to 317, so each can be a contributor in the middle of the DL. Tevita Musika at 342 seems too heavy, though. Also good to see Kaho up to 224.

What is happening here? All four TEs on campus dropped weight? Really curious about Shavers, too.
WR Tyrell Shavers -- 216 to 205 (-11)
WR Slade Bolden -- 200 to 191 (-9)
TE Michael Parker -- 224 to 216 (-8)
TE Miller Forristall -- 240 to 234 (-6)
TE Kedrick James -- 263 to 260 (-3)
TE Major Tennison -- 246 to 244 (-2)

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Ben Davis at 258 indicates he's moving to OLB if he's going to remain on the roster.

Glad to see Barmore get to 310 and Mathis up to 317, so each can be a contributor in the middle of the DL. Tevita Musika at 342 seems too heavy, though. Also good to see Kaho up to 224.

What is happening here? All four TEs on campus dropped weight? Really curious about Shavers, too.
Lots of interesting changes with the LB group.

Allen gained - likely signals dedication OLB instead of being able to play both that and ILB.

Parks losing weight is curious. 250 would be about right for an OLB, does dropping to less than 240 mean he's moving to ILB, or maybe he just lost to much quickness at 250 and at his new weight he'll specialize as only a speed rush guy and not a 3 down guy?

Jennings dropping several could also help him with rush speed. Still plenty of bulk to hold up on the edge also.

Anoma getting above 250 will also help him as a 3 down guy

Benton and Moses adding a few pounds each bodes well, especially if we're going to move moses over to Mike.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
I think the notable gains on the offensive line may signal a do or die trying attempt to get our power run game back to where it was. As for Ben Davis time will tell of course but Christian Miller didn't see much of the field either until his last two years. I figured Davis would transfer by now but it also wouldn't shock me to see any upper classman to suddenly start playing. that used to be the normal thing instead of the exception.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I think the notable gains on the offensive line may signal a do or die trying attempt to get our power run game back to where it was. As for Ben Davis time will tell of course but Christian Miller didn't see much of the field either until his last two years. I figured Davis would transfer by now but it also wouldn't shock me to see any upper classman to suddenly start playing. that used to be the normal thing instead of the exception.
Christian only played in four games in the 2017 season. That's one more than Ben Davis has played in his three years on campus.

Christian might not have been a key contributor early, but he was still playing (12 games in 2015, 15 in 2016, and 4 in 2017 due to the injury). Ben Davis has played in three games. No time on STs.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Christian only played in four games in the 2017 season. That's one more than Ben Davis has played in his three years on campus.

Christian might not have been a key contributor early, but he was still playing (12 games in 2015, 15 in 2016, and 4 in 2017 due to the injury). Ben Davis has played in three games. No time on STs.
and in those three games, it's probably been for less than 10 total plays. I'm pretty sure that in one of the games he was in for a single play...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.