Michael Cohen's testimony before the House Oversight Committee - Wed. 2-27-19

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I agree with what UAH said in the Mueller thread:

:boxing_smiley:
entertaining as you may find this, there is a reason things are the way they are.

the below is from an article in one of the other threads yesterday. your (and other's) continued attempts to normalize what is happening is a big part of the problem.

The key to Trump's defense with his base, I would argue, is not that he tries to convince them he's innocent, at least not in the traditional sense of "someone who didn't do the crimes he's suspected of." Instead, the strategy is to suggest that all politicians are corrupt, everyone is complicit and therefore all investigations are just bad-faith power grabs conducted for purely partisan reasons.

That strategy is working with Trump's base because that's exactly the message Republicans have been instilling in their voters for decades.

First, Republicans normalized the idea that all politicians are corrupt by electing a series of deeply corrupt politicians themselves. Richard Nixon, Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush have all been warm-up acts to Trump. Watergate, the Iran-Contra affair, falsified intelligence to justify the Iraq invasion: Every one of those presidents helped train their voters to defend political corruption if it was conducted for supposedly meritorious ends.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I'm on record here as saying Trump won't run again in 2020.

We'll see what happens......

I always though we finally reached the tipping point with our last presidential election.

Now I'm not quite sure.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I'm on record here as saying Trump won't run again in 2020.

We'll see what happens......

I always though we finally reached the tipping point with our last presidential election.

Now I'm not quite sure.
regardless of your thoughts on whether or not he will run again, he (in conjunction with the gop) is doing immeasurable damage as president now due to all of the wunderkids who thought it would be a good idea to elect this human garbage to "shake things up and make america great again".

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Good God! Does that man have death wish? He just doesn't really believe that she'll revoke his bail...
these guys keep getting away with their brazen behavior and see their "boss" getting away with it even more. they have no reason to stop. hopefully the judges will start giving them reasons.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Trump supporters: "This Cohen guy is a liar and can't be believed!"

Also Trump supporters: "This guy tells it like it is and that's why I love him!"

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The closing remarks by Chairman Cummings were powerful.

This was a huge event today, IMHO.

I think it will make a big impact on what happens in the upcoming 2020 election.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.