Fight over crab legs leads to 2 arrests at Huntsville buffet

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
This didn't need its own thread so I stuck it here.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/roadkill-eat-food-transportation-safety_b_5c7fe5bfe4b048eba782b93a

States are legalizing roadkill salvaging to feed people and track animal migration.

Instead of wasting roadkill or mocking it as hillbilly cuisine, Idaho is tracking the carnage and allowing residents to salvage the carcasses to reduce the number of vehicle-animal collisions and feed hungry people.

Why fight over crab legs when you can eat off the side of the road?
:smile:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/roadkill-eat-food-transportation-safety_b_5c7fe5bfe4b048eba782b93a

States are legalizing roadkill salvaging to feed people and track animal migration.

Instead of wasting roadkill or mocking it as hillbilly cuisine, Idaho is tracking the carnage and allowing residents to salvage the carcasses to reduce the number of vehicle-animal collisions and feed hungry people.

i had roadkill turkey at a party once. it was pretty tasty. the host had found it earlier in the day on his afternoon run.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

In Tennessee, the requirement is to report to the wildlife resources agency (TWRA) or to local law enforcement before harvesting a roadkill deer. I don't know what they do with the information. Maybe the TWRA assigns a harvest tag number and then the folks can take it to a processor if they don't want to butcher it themselves and also donate to Hunters for the Hungry.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Runaway bull is located, then vanishes again!

https://www.waaytv.com/content/news...DxOOIZ72qMEYaFK9zLGRUR_Pd1T06KdDiXPRz3FM8U1NE

[FONT=&quot]People are now searching for him on horseback.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]

The pasture on Robert Strong Road where Half Moon had mixed in with a farmer's cows.
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]He tweeted: "Half Moon had mixed in with a farmer's cows on Robert Strong Road. He slipped out of that farmer’s sight prior to the owner arriving. He has left tracks leading away and his owner is actively tracking him at the moment. The sheriff's office is not involved in the search."[/FONT]

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Runaway bull is located, then vanishes again!

https://www.waaytv.com/content/news...DxOOIZ72qMEYaFK9zLGRUR_Pd1T06KdDiXPRz3FM8U1NE

People are now searching for him on horseback.

The pasture on Robert Strong Road where Half Moon had mixed in with a farmer's cows.

He tweeted: "Half Moon had mixed in with a farmer's cows on Robert Strong Road. He slipped out of that farmer’s sight prior to the owner arriving. He has left tracks leading away and his owner is actively tracking him at the moment. The sheriff's office is not involved in the search."
They finally got him last night. The owner said he'd lost several hundred pounds and it would take about a month for him to get back into condition for competition...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
In Tennessee, the requirement is to report to the wildlife resources agency (TWRA) or to local law enforcement before harvesting a roadkill deer. I don't know what they do with the information. Maybe the TWRA assigns a harvest tag number and then the folks can take it to a processor if they don't want to butcher it themselves and also donate to Hunters for the Hungry.
Hmm. I wonder how to classify the doe with the damaged jaw which died in my carport. The poor thing had come to the back door, begging for help, a couple of days before she passed. I put a rope on her and dragged her down to the end of the pavement (gravel drive) and called for help to the city. Actually, two departments came. Since she died of starvation, and under stress, I doubt the meat would have been any good...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Hmm. I wonder how to classify the doe with the damaged jaw which died in my carport. The poor thing had come to the back door, begging for help, a couple of days before she passed. I put a rope on her and dragged her down to the end of the pavement (gravel drive) and called for help to the city. Actually, two departments came. Since she died of starvation, and under stress, I doubt the meat would have been any good...
Sad - must have been heartbreaking for you all.....

I've buried my share of roadkill. I always have a shovel in the back of my truck. I won't leave them there to get hit over and over. It's disrespectful.

So many idiot self-centered drivers......people.....more superior to animals......ha......there's a load. :(

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

I've buried my share of roadkill. I always have a shovel in the back of my truck. I won't leave them there to get hit over and over. It's disrespectful.

So many idiot self-centered drivers......people.....more superior to animals......ha......there's a load. :(
Interestingly enough, I could have eaten her, if I'd trusted the situation of her health. I even have a high school friend who processes and butchers them. Alabama has no road kill law, so they've just applied the regular game laws, which means it's only legal to keep it in season on game animals. Of course, you'd have to have a license, etc. On the ground, F&WL says that they never prosecute but they'd like to be notified. Also, you can always kill a nuisance animal on your own property here, so long as the means is legal under local law. I do have a neighbor who has a powerful crossbow and started shooting the deer which were eating his garden. So far, he has clean kills. I told him that, with my luck, I'd gut-shoot one and it'd end up two blocks down in a neighbor's yard - with my arrow sticking through it...

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I have hit a deer twice in my car. Not good.

To the original topic, I would have loved to see people fencing with the salad bar tongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

why would you deprive this guy of a meal? ;)

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Machete fight video from Huntsville convenience store. Possibly related to crab legs? Kind of a wimpy fight IMO.

https://whnt.com/2019/03/17/two-arrested-after-knife-fight-during-huntsville-attempted-robbery/

Police say Holcomb went inside the gas station and started to buy something, going back and forth to his car several times before pulling a large knife on the clerk and demanding cash. Surveillance video shows Holcomb then tried to leave the store, but the clerk auto-locked the door. The unidentified clerk then pulled a bigger knife, a machete, on Holcomb.

I always carry some tongs and a machete when I go to town, plus some throw down crab legs.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Machete fight video from Huntsville convenience store. Possibly related to crab legs? Kind of a wimpy fight IMO.

https://whnt.com/2019/03/17/two-arrested-after-knife-fight-during-huntsville-attempted-robbery/

Police say Holcomb went inside the gas station and started to buy something, going back and forth to his car several times before pulling a large knife on the clerk and demanding cash. Surveillance video shows Holcomb then tried to leave the store, but the clerk auto-locked the door. The unidentified clerk then pulled a bigger knife, a machete, on Holcomb.

I always carry some tongs and a machete when I go to town, plus some throw down crab legs.
I think it was a stroke of genius for him to smash the windshield of the getaway car, to make it child's play for the LEOs to identify and stop it. I must admit that, when the clerk pulled out his machete, the first thing which popped into my head was the line from "Crocodile Dundee"... :D

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I have hit a deer twice in my car. Not good.

To the original topic, I would have loved to see people fencing with the salad bar tongs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hey 1967, some hints for the proper tongs
https://www.lobelsculinaryclub.com/2013/08/get-a-grip-choosing-grill-tongs/

For most purposes, one pair of tongs will suffice. However, having a backup pair is also a good idea.
A good length for grill tongs is about 15 to 17 inches, from tip to the butt of the handle. If you go much longer, you’re likely to have issues wielding them easily.
The tongs should also be lightweight enough for you to be agile using them.
tongs that have sharp-teethed pincers that can puncture and tear, particularly if a forceful grip is required for two-handed maneuvering of heavy items.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.