Fight over crab legs leads to 2 arrests at Huntsville buffet

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
That's funny. :biggrin: I really like the Meteor Buffet but I haven't been there in a while. It's run by a very nice Oriental family. Unfortunately, their last health inspection score was an 81.

And, get this, the low score was because the crab legs were found soaking in dirty dishwater.:eek2:

Meteor has pretty good food has a reasonable price. Never been there except for lunch.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
That's funny. :biggrin: I really like the Meteor Buffet but I haven't been there in a while. It's run by a very nice Oriental family. Unfortunately, their last health inspection score was an 81.

And, get this, the low score was because the crab legs were found soaking in dirty dishwater.:eek2:

Meteor has pretty good food has a reasonable price. Never been there except for lunch.
Maybe that is what makes the crab legs worth going to jail for?

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Probably soaked up some of the flavor from the chicken soaking in the dishwater.

Is this a political thread?
No, it's not and it's about to be moved. The Miata Club meets there, I think because the members, despite the size of their cars, have enormous appetites. The food's not bad, but I've probably now eaten there the last time...

Vinny

Hall of Fame
Sep 27, 2001
Rockaway, NJ
They need to take a scene from Boardwalk Empire when Nuckie’s lady wants lobster and the waiter says they are all our. He looks and sees the Commodore eating one, walks over to him and flips his plate off of the table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Restaurants here (some) were limiting crab legs at the buffet, I think to one plate only (maybe two, not sure).
We went one night and out of ten tables, nine had crab legs piled so high you couldn’t see who was eating them. From the owners perspective that’s a money-losing proposition. Needless to say we never went back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Alabama, crab legs, a buffet and a fight.

I have no idea where the stereotypes come from.

However, you "ain't seen no" fight until you've watched two old women fighting over a slot machine they both been watching for three hours. True story.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Restaurants here (some) were limiting crab legs at the buffet, I think to one plate only (maybe two, not sure).
We went one night and out of ten tables, nine had crab legs piled so high you couldn’t see who was eating them. From the owners perspective that’s a money-losing proposition. Needless to say we never went back.

Where are you talking about? HSV?

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
A little surprised there wasn’t accompanying cell phone video of the swashbuckling tongs fight!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Where are you talking about? HSV?
Mobile.
There is a new (relatively) buffet (not just Chinese, they have one full table of American fare), and they don’t even offer crab legs.
The one I posted about earlier was from probably 8 or 9 years ago, price was $8.99. Even back then, it was easy to lose money having crab legs on the all you can eat buffet.

Last edited:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Mobile.
There is a new (relatively) buffet (not just Chinese, they have one full table of American fare), and they don’t even offer crab legs.
The one I posted about earlier was from probably 8 or 9 years ago, price was $8.99. Even back then, it was easy to lose money having crab legs on the all you can eat buffet.

Ah! OK. I used to go to the joint referenced in the OP once a month for a Miata club meeting. I was never crazy about it. For the life of me, I cannot remember their ever offering crab legs, hence I never had any reason to fight... :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.