Woman arrested for assaulting man wearing MAGA hat on Cape Cod

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
It's all the racism that keeps giving it away as racist. Not my fault that they keep telling me what they are and I listen. I'm not going to assume that every single person with a Confederate flag is racist because I know a lot of the same types of people you know, but it's going to increase the odds exponentially and that's also because I know a lot of those types of people.
That's precisely my point - just as you know folks who have confederate flags who are not racist (I do as well), I know quite a few Trump fans who aren't. I think the assumption is a bit of a leap, personally, just as someone assuming racism due to a confederate flag is a jump.

While 'keep your hands to yourself' is a simple way to distill the message (and I have no problem with that message even while not feeling sorry for the people out trying to provoke a reaction that get more of a reaction than they expect) my quibble with the short skirt statement is just that they aren't in the same ballpark as what happened to this guy.
Fair enough, I get your point. I was thinking in more general terms overall, and I agree that this guy didn't have to deal with anything remotely comparable to sexual assault or rape.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
In spite of all mankind's efforts, racism exists everywhere and always will. I believe it is how someone acts on his/her racism rather than the fact that they have racist feelings. I have been around people wearing MAGA hats and while I feel they are idiots and probably racist; I have never said anything to them. If you act on your racist beliefs then you should not be surprised if there are personal repurcussions.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
In spite of all mankind's efforts, racism exists everywhere and always will. I believe it is how someone acts on his/her racism rather than the fact that they have racist feelings. I have been around people wearing MAGA hats and while I feel they are idiots and probably racist; I have never said anything to them. If you act on your racist beliefs then you should not be surprised if there are personal repurcussions.
it goes beyond individual "bad" racist acts (yelling n word, klan crap, etc). there is a pretty extensive casual racism that exists within our society. mlk spoke at length about it.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
LOL. Nah, many people self select. Some seem to have a tribal need. It's not a whole lot different than street gangs, just without the violence and other crime. Hmmm, on second thought ......
I was going to start a Tribe, but everybody wanted to be a Chief. Only one of us was qualified to be the Chief.!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.