Which SEC opponent (other than Auburn) were you the most pumped for? - Page 2
Thanks Thanks:  0 Dislike Dislike:  0 Roll Tide! Roll Tide!:  0 Ha Ha! Ha Ha!:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BamaNation All-American ReturnToGlory's Avatar

Re: Which SEC opponent (other than Auburn) were you the most pumped for?

Andre "Pulpwood" Smith had 2 long TDs for UGA in 1984 in Legion Field but Herschel never got the chance as others pointed out.

BamaNation All-SEC aerospace_ray's Avatar

No contest for me, its UT. The barn annoys me with their miracle moments every so often. I started watching Bama games mid 70's and Barn was horrible up until Bo arrived but again that school just annoys me. UT is my must beat team each year, been good for a while RTR
    User formerly known as "13 4 BAMA soon"

"they didn't stumble in to it, they didn't back in to it, they just whipped Miami 34-13" (Keith Jackson circa 1992-3 National Championship, ABC Sports)

BamaNation All-American gtowntide's Avatar

It's still UT for me. I have a special hate for that school and everything associated with it. RTR!

BamaNation All-American crimson fan man's Avatar

Tenn is near the top but Miss st is very high because their fans really suck. I can tolerate fans from just about every school but there. I guess a bad experience will do that to you.

BamaNation Second Team CoachInWaiting's Avatar

Tennessee and it has nothing to do with Fulmer. Barn is a clear second. I grew up a few miles from Tennessee, one of my high school rivals was a Tennessee school, and there were plenty of their fans around me.

It wasn't so much a hatred as it was a grudging respect and determination to be better. In later years, Tennessee grew restless and impatient at their inability to overtake Alabama in the right way and they changed the rivalry. Now it is more hatred and disgust for the pale pumpkins.

BamaNation First Team

These responses really surprise me! I thought Georgia fans were the primary haters of Tenn., but it appears Tide fans want to beat them as much as we do.

AU is still your biggest rival, wouldn't you say? Ours is without question - Florida.

BamaNation Hall of Fame 81usaf92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DawgByte View Post

AU is still your biggest rival, wouldn't you say? Ours is without question - Florida.
    Depends on your age, location, and your parents mostly. I know several lower Alabama fans that say LSU is our biggest rival. But mostly Auburn is to Central Alabama and to folks who grew up from 1980 to present. I just hate Tennessee way worse than Auburn. Auburn is more of an annoyance.

Granted I’m different since I grew up way closer to Auburn, and seen more losses to Auburn than Tennessee in my lifetime. But Fulmer tried to kill our program the dirty way, their fans were obnoxious in their streak, and it’s unforgivable.
    Last edited by 81usaf92; March 4th, 2019 at 02:35 PM.

BamaNation First Team bvandegraff's Avatar

I get geeked for LSU because I know it'll be a fun, physical, intense game, and I like the way they play the game. I get geeked for UT because I love to watch us inflict annual karmic payback on them for Phat Phil and Roy Kramer's attempts to destroy our program. Phulmer finagling his way into the AD job makes his misery at Saban's hands even sweeter. Also, it gives me joy to see Peyton Manning watch our annual beatdown of the Vols from the UT sideline every year - serves him right for "conducting" the band at Legion Field way back when.

BamaNation All-American tusks_n_raider's Avatar

Tennessee every single dang year. I HATE them. No margin of victory is large enough and no winning streak is long enough.

After that.... I'm pumped up for L8U every year in the CNS era because of just how much real estate in their minds is occupied by Bama 24/7... They are ATE UP with Jealousy. It's pretty great.

Then more currently I look forward to beating Kirby Smart's UGA teams as often as possible and ideally ripping their hearts out and ruining their season.

BamaNation Hall of Fame TideMan09's Avatar

After what Phat Phil & the viles tried to do to our Football Program..Playing & beating the big orange is the most satisfying victory watching our Boy's light up those victory cigars..I get more pumped for the viles than any one game during the regular season..