Which SEC opponent (other than Auburn) were you the most pumped for?

saturdaysarebet

3rd Team
Jul 26, 2018
Which SEC opponent (other than Auburn) were you the most pumped up for?

- Florida under Steve Spurrier and those early SECCG games
- Florida under Urban Meyer with Tim Tebow and those SECCG games
- Georgia against Kirby Smart
- LSU under Les Miles

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Which SEC opponent (other than Auburn) were you the most pumped up for?

- Florida under Steve Spurrier and those early SECCG games
- Florida under Urban Meyer with Tim Tebow and those SECCG games
- Georgia against Kirby Smart
- LSU under Les Miles
Never have been pumped up for Auburn mostly because its a game that we cant win but we cant afford to lose.

But to answer your question, Tennessee every year. It never gets old beating them down.

Outside that I guess: 2009 Texas, 2018 Oklahoma, 2011 Rematch with LSU, 99 Florida in Atlanta, and 2012 Notre Dame and Michigan.

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
UT -- not even close and way ahead of AU.
UGA -- after Herschel ran over us I was ready for revenge...
UF -- we blew one SEC championship game on a double pass...glad to beat them anytime.
MSU -- they have always wanted to win the fight more than the game...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
UF -- we blew one SEC championship game on a double pass...glad to beat them anytime.
The 94 SECCG always is painful to remember. I blame that one solely on CGS for handcuffing Homer and Jay that day, and it really hits home at how lucky we were to beat them in 92. Spurrier schooled CGS just about everytime we met and it was infuriating.

Florida and Tennessee in the 90’s were a pain. But TSIO still meant way more

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
UT -- not even close and way ahead of AU.
UGA -- after Herschel ran over us I was ready for revenge...
MSU -- they have always wanted to win the fight more than the game...
We never played UGA when Herschel was there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I am a child of the 90s. My first football memories were from the 1990 season (I was 7). So those 90s era SEC championship games with Florida were always special. 1992 and 1994 in particular, because of the stakes. Tennessee was always huge back then as well. It has lost so much luster over the last 15 years. And not just because Tennessee has fallen off the rails and Fulmer's shenanigans, but also because of the proliferation of TV games. The TSIO used to be THE GAME on that date, whether it was a 3:30 game or a 7 PM game. It was either Keith Jackson, or Ron Franklin on the call.

LSU became huge after Coach Saban arrived. It was big before, but not like it is today. But those 1990s memories will always be special to me.

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Never have been pumped up for Auburn mostly because its a game that we cant win but we cant afford to lose.

But to answer your question, Tennessee every year. It never gets old beating them down.

Outside that I guess: 2009 Texas, 2018 Oklahoma, 2011 Rematch with LSU, 99 Florida in Atlanta, and 2012 Notre Dame and Michigan.
Yes to this post. I hope we beat them forever.

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
No contest for me, its UT. The barn annoys me with their miracle moments every so often. I started watching Bama games mid 70's and Barn was horrible up until Bo arrived but again that school just annoys me. UT is my must beat team each year, been good for a while :) RTR

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Tenn is near the top but Miss st is very high because their fans really suck. I can tolerate fans from just about every school but there. I guess a bad experience will do that to you.

CoachInWaiting

3rd Team
Nov 27, 2017
Tennessee and it has nothing to do with Fulmer. Barn is a clear second. I grew up a few miles from Tennessee, one of my high school rivals was a Tennessee school, and there were plenty of their fans around me.

It wasn't so much a hatred as it was a grudging respect and determination to be better. In later years, Tennessee grew restless and impatient at their inability to overtake Alabama in the right way and they changed the rivalry. Now it is more hatred and disgust for the pale pumpkins.

DawgByte

1st Team
Dec 21, 2017
These responses really surprise me! I thought Georgia fans were the primary haters of Tenn., but it appears Tide fans want to beat them as much as we do.

AU is still your biggest rival, wouldn't you say? Ours is without question - Florida.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
AU is still your biggest rival, wouldn't you say? Ours is without question - Florida.
Depends on your age, location, and your parents mostly. I know several lower Alabama fans that say LSU is our biggest rival. But mostly Auburn is to Central Alabama and to folks who grew up from 1980 to present. I just hate Tennessee way worse than Auburn. Auburn is more of an annoyance.

Granted I’m different since I grew up way closer to Auburn, and seen more losses to Auburn than Tennessee in my lifetime. But Fulmer tried to kill our program the dirty way, their fans were obnoxious in their streak, and it’s unforgivable.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.