How & when did you become a college football fan? Who introduced you to cfb?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
1980 I moved to SE Tennessee and started watching SEC Football. I had previously only seen Ohio State v. Michigan on Armed Forces TV. Whenever I watched the Vols I would generally end up falling asleep on the couch as they were boring. Those awful orange uniforms were unappealing too. I then started started to watch Alabama and I loved the way CPB would lean against the goalpost before the game. I loved the crimson uniforms. Since that time, I've been Bama fan all the way. I learned of the tradition and the history of the program. I went through the post CPB time and then Coach Stallings. I went through the 3 Mikes before CNS and here we are today.

BamaCenTx

Sep 11, 2012
Woodway, TX
When I was about 6 years old. I grew up in Homewood. My father was an Alabama fan, as were members of his family going back at least to the early 1940s. I very clearly remember my father telling me that "Bear Bryant is coming back to coach the Crimson Tide." I said, "Is that good?" He replied, "Well, he's won everywhere he's been." Little did we know.........

bamagradinATL

All-American
Sep 12, 2006
McKinney, TX
I grew up in Brewton, Alabama. My dad was a big Alabama fan, he had 2 younger siblings attending the University of Alabama. During that time period, it seemed everyone in town talked about Walter Lewis.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
My Dad enrolled at LSU in 1960. His parents bought season tickets that year and expanded the number of tickets in their section through family and friends. I was born in 1970 and started going to the games by 74. Those tickets stayed in our family until mid 80s when we were more busy hunting and fishing. My wife and I purchased season tickets in 1994, it was her wedding gift to me - the gift that keeps taking year after year. With one son at Alabama and the other, a HS junior, who doesn’t have LSU on his list, I question why we keep them. I guess it’s because we have someone who buys any ticket I don’t use for face + tradition fee. We go to 1-2 games a year.

I can’t believe son 1 has only one FB season left. He is going to graduate May 2020. What will be interesting is if he stays in New Orleans for a career, which is what he wants, how I would treat any potential grandchildren. It’s hard for me to imagine in 10 years bringing a grandkid to a Bama game :conf2:

p.s. Insomnia sucks! Thank goodness it only happens a few times a year.

alabama mike1

All-American
Jul 12, 2013
Ohio
My dad introduced me to Bama football in the mid 60's. Dad worked with Dennis Homan's dad at Reynolds and he told me all about Mr. Homan. We followed his Bama career, his NFL career with the Cowboys and Chiefs and finally his WFL tam the Birmingham Amercians/Vulcans. As an adult when our family was home visiting, we saw Mr. Homan in at an eating establishment in Florence. I told my boys who he was, he spoke to them for several minutes and then sent them each an autographed photo that they still have.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.